Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Better picture of the eye -image-jpeg-image-jpeg

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Carolyn...Honey, I don't have any experience with this but Murray
    should be fine with what the Vet gave him & feeling much better.
    Got to praying immediately for him to heal completely and big hugs
    for you! Keep us updated on your sweet boy, you did exactly right!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

4. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

One of my pugs was prone to them and they did heal good with the ointment and collar to stop them itching I was always told to not let them in the sun with the ointment not sure if the same ointment but thought I would mention that one.
    Give a Murray a big kiss from FTSE and me.
    Two little having fun together

6. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Crap I typed your message 3x keeps deleting on its own like backspacing cause Ms Muffet had part of her paw on the side of the tablet. Lol

On 4th time....... Big M will be fine. He's a tuff cookie. Im pretty sure like your vet said by Wednesday you will see a difference. Hang in there momma M. Keep us posted.

8. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone he's snoozing right now, going to wake him up shortly for round one of drops and then dinner I hope he's cooperative! He hates eye drops/ointment but hopefully he'll be less mad once he sees his dinner right after and he'll forget all about it

10. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Hi guys, just got home from the vet. Murray has a corneal ulcer, it is apparently unrelated to the cherry eye she looked and was able to see no problems with the placement of the suture from the cherry eye repair, so that's good. Unfortunately the vet that did Murray's surgery is on vacation this week so we had a different vet, but she was fine. They sent us home with a new soft collar, apparently he can still bump his eye into things with the blow up one pain meds, antibiotic and tobramycin drops and we go for a follow up on Saturday. She said if it looks worse to bring him back right away but I am hopeful we will be good with just the follow up on Saturday and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers that he heals quickly. The vet said hopefully he should be to the point where he stops squinting around Wednesday. If anyone has experience with corneal ulcers I would love to talk with you more about it. Thanks so much

That's what Harvey had, a corneal ulcer. This is what I was thinking when I saw your original post. With the drops, ointments and the antibiotics and the whole cocktail of medication, Murray should be back to his old self in no time. He should be fine.
    Hug your bully today

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Oh my our bullies and their eyes..I'm so glad you went right into the vet and I pray Murray has a great rest of his recovery with no more problems..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

13. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie H View Post
    Oh my our bullies and their eyes..I'm so glad you went right into the vet and I pray Murray has a great rest of his recovery with no more problems..

Thanks Christie have any of your guys had corneal ulcers?

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Hi guys, just got home from the vet. Murray has a corneal ulcer, it is apparently unrelated to the cherry eye she looked and was able to see no problems with the placement of the suture from the cherry eye repair, so that's good. Unfortunately the vet that did Murray's surgery is on vacation this week so we had a different vet, but she was fine. They sent us home with a new soft collar, apparently he can still bump his eye into things with the blow up one pain meds, antibiotic and tobramycin drops and we go for a follow up on Saturday. She said if it looks worse to bring him back right away but I am hopeful we will be good with just the follow up on Saturday and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers that he heals quickly. The vet said hopefully he should be to the point where he stops squinting around Wednesday. If anyone has experience with corneal ulcers I would love to talk with you more about it. Thanks so much
    My guys have had corneal ulcers, just make sure he doesn't rub his eye on anything. The one drop numbs their eye so he shouldn't be wanting to rub it on anything, to be honest the eye is extremely resilient. Normally it heals up pretty quickly, just make sure to use those drops!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

16. Likes helsonwheels, CCandMurray, Jersey liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro
    Likes (Received)

@CCandMurray Glad he has seen the Dr. If you have trouble with getting him to let you put the drops in, I use peanut butter as a treat sometimes(if no allergy) all I have to say is "peanut butter" and they all come running to the kitchen! They love that more than anything! Sending healing prayers for Murray.He will be fine-the drops will heal.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

18. Likes CCandMurray, Jersey liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

No thank goodness..Even with all of Abbott's entropion issues it never left a scratch or ulcer.Thankfully since he's had about 5 surgeries but we do notice that when its dark out or in a room he can't see as well.

20. Likes 2BullyMama, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

I'm a little concerned because while it's starting to look a little better and his eye is open much more it still seems very swollen, if he hasn't made more progress by tomorrow I will probably take him back in. Please continue to pray for us. Thank you for your support

22. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads