Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    It can be the stitch. When Nyala had hers tuck the vet said if she squint to bring her back so he can check it out. She had 2 different kind of drops for ten days 3x per day. To this day I find the eye does leak a bit more.
    Did Nyala have a problem with the stitch? If so did the vet do anything aside from the drops?

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Quote Originally Posted by CCandMurray View Post
    Did Nyala have a problem with the stitch? If so did the vet do anything aside from the drops?
    No she didn't but he sure made it very clear for next 5 days if her eye gets foggy, squinting, leaking alot to bring her in immediately. Especially foggy.

3. Likes Texas Carol, CCandMurray liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry hon, I was out of town this weekend...

Sounds like a trip to the vets is necessary... could be a stick is bothering him, or he scratched his eye as other have stated. Corneal tears are not bad IF you take them and get treated ASAP... they put dye in their eye to see how bad the scratch is, and then it's usually just drops to help it heal. Keep us posted!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

how is she this morning? I was thinking cornea scratch too, but when Cheli had his eye entire eye swelled shut and he could barely open it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes CCandMurray, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys, he's doing ok but his eye looks much more swollen he's got it closed right now I tried to get a picture but it's not a great one. Soo needless to say we have an appointment with the vet at 1:30. Your positive thoughts, advice and prayers are appreciated as always. Thanks for the continued support

Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Here's the not great picture -image-jpeg

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Here's the not great picture -image-jpeg
    Im sure he'll be fine. Glad you are going to the vet. At least you will know what is going on.

10. Likes CCandMurray, 2BullyMama, Jersey liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So glad you were able to get Murray to the vet today, keep us posted and sending warm, positive thoughts and praying for a good outcome! Poor sweet guy, give him a smooshy face kiss from Jersey and me!!!

Hi guys, he's doing ok but his eye looks much more swollen he's got it closed right now I tried to get a picture but it's not a great one. Soo needless to say we have an appointment with the vet at 1:30. Your positive thoughts, advice and prayers are appreciated as always. Thanks for the continued support

12. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro
    Likes (Received)

So sorry I am late on this-but would recommend the vet visit,as you have already made appt.! It sounds like he has scratched his eye,Best wishes for his healing,and he probably will need the cone for awhile. They can easily scratch their eye with dew claws,as they itch when they are healing.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Oh no! My poor Murray, I have no experience with cherry eye specifically. I know that warm compresses with tea bags work well, I've done that with Tyson's just basic eye allergies. I hope he feels better soon!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

15. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We hope Murray gets well soon. Jewel and Bentley.

17. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys, just got home from the vet. Murray has a corneal ulcer, it is apparently unrelated to the cherry eye she looked and was able to see no problems with the placement of the suture from the cherry eye repair, so that's good. Unfortunately the vet that did Murray's surgery is on vacation this week so we had a different vet, but she was fine. They sent us home with a new soft collar, apparently he can still bump his eye into things with the blow up one pain meds, antibiotic and tobramycin drops and we go for a follow up on Saturday. She said if it looks worse to bring him back right away but I am hopeful we will be good with just the follow up on Saturday and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers that he heals quickly. The vet said hopefully he should be to the point where he stops squinting around Wednesday. If anyone has experience with corneal ulcers I would love to talk with you more about it. Thanks so much

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads