Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
My Maximus suffers from Entropion of both eyes. The Opthamologist wants to do Surgery, but financially that just is not an option, plus Maximus weighs 83-lbs. and is a Surgical risk, as he is
considered Obese, and therefore would not be able to withstand Anesthesia. But his (L) eye, which had
previous Entropion surgery looks bad - the lower lid is very red and irritated, and I don't know what to
do. Maximus is on Poly-Bac Eye Ointment and Cyclosporin eye drops for dry eye, but his (L) lower eye lid still looks very red and irritated, and his (L) eye is always full of a lot of white Goop, and brown crusty stuff is always on his lower lid, which when cleaned off further irritates the lower eyelid.

I have Maximus on Apoquel, and Benadryl but I can't see where either are helping him or his eyes.
The Apoquel costs a small fortune every month.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me ?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Take him to a good bully vet, and have the vet pluck his lashes that are irritating the eye. It is a temporary fix, but works for a little while. You will have to do it every so often when the hair grows back. Plus it sounds like it's time for a diet, to get your bully back in shape. :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Take him to a good bully vet, and have the vet pluck his lashes that are irritating the eye. It is a temporary fix, but works for a little while. You will have to do it every so often when the hair grows back. Plus it sounds like it's time for a diet, to get your bully back in shape. :)

I agree w/David... :goodpost:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Take him to a good bully vet, and have the vet pluck his lashes that are irritating the eye. It is a temporary fix, but works for a little while. You will have to do it every so often when the hair grows back.

Oh, never heard of this - interesting! Can this be done without an anesthetic? And do you know how long it takes for them to grow back? We've discussed eye surgery with an eye vet but 'just' plucking eye lashes wasn't mentioned.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] yes it is done without anesthesia, and they will grow back in a month or so, sometimes sooner, just depends how bad it is. We had the surgery sone on one bully, but still had to go back every once in awhile to have them plucked out.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online