Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Everyone, Blossom just wolfed down my Grandsons mixed salad with ranch dressing that he left on the couch. I know there isn't a problem with the salad, but it had a handful of Harlic and Onion croutons in it. I know onions are toxic to dogs, so do I need to be worried about the onion on the croutons or is it okay because it's not an actual onion, but onion seasoning? I hope she doesn't get sick from this.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would keep an eye on her. Being that it was more of a flavoring I wouldn't be rushing to the vet or anything.....

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You should probably be OK. Just watch and see. My vet said dose to worry about is >5g/kg weight of dog for oniov when my dog ate it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, he should be fine, since there isn't really that much in the seasoning.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I think he will be fine Monica, I would just keep an eye on her...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He should be fine, they need to ingest a large amount for it to be toxic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, she seems fine, she ate the salad at lunch time, and she's had her dinner since then, and she had a normal poop and pee this evening. I think my tank has a cast iron stomach. Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi Everyone, Blossom just wolfed down my Grandsons mixed salad with ranch dressing that he left on the couch. I know there isn't a problem with the salad, but it had a handful of Harlic and Onion croutons in it. I know onions are toxic to dogs, so do I need to be worried about the onion on the croutons or is it okay because it's not an actual onion, but onion seasoning? I hope she doesn't get sick from this.

What did you do .jpg

Deja vue

Nyala did the same last week but I dont use ranch I make my own. Tuna was spicy and she was fine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys, she seems fine, she ate the salad at lunch time, and she's had her dinner since then, and she had a normal poop and pee this evening. I think my tank has a cast iron stomach. Lol

agree with the gang... shoul dbe all good ! How is she today?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
These guys sure do love to eat anything and everything they can get their paws or tongues on! I'm sure she gave you a scare! I hope she's feeling well :)

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Everyone, she is fine, not even diarrhea, I'm convinced she has a cast iron stomach.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.