OP
S

Samson

Aug 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Have you seen the soft ones? They are a lot more comfortable than the huge plastic ones from the vet.

7a224d2ba0783043df5918e1679a92f6.jpg

Also they can become intolerant to things with time. I fed Tyson the same kibble for 5 years then all he sudden he started to have reactions to it. Doc said to switch up - we did; ended up with The Honest Kitchen base mix and we add in the ground beef, turkey or kangaroo (at times) since the food change, no more issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a soft one. He was in the plastic one the vet gave him for a bit, but I got him the soft one instead. He also has the donut kind, but I have to have booties on him or he can still get at his paws.

I think I will try the ground turkey. However.....where on earth do you get kangaroo meat?!?! lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor bully boy! If you ate giving fresh cooked chicken it may be fine but when dealing with processed chicken... there is an issue.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He has a soft one. He was in the plastic one the vet gave him for a bit, but I got him the soft one instead. He also has the donut kind, but I have to have booties on him or he can still get at his paws.

I think I will try the ground turkey. However.....where on earth do you get kangaroo meat?!?! lol

We get it from sprouts :)

Kristy

Aug 23, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubb Chubb
sorry to hear about your issues =( i actually joined because i'm having a similar problem...ive gone to my Vet multiple times, he's been on all these different meds, including a couple that was already mentioned by you, and it still isn't helping!!! my boy Chubbs' paws are red, swollen, and peeling i have no idea what to do. i've spent almost $700 on multiple meds/visits and at our latest appt. at the vet, we were told its just typical allergies for a bulldog. I'm at my wits end...they bleed now and then as well. it's so frustrating that i can't help my boy. i'm sure he's in pain. As a last resort, i started giving him benedryl and i'm washing his feet every few days with this medicated shampoo. I may end up taking him to a dermatologist but i've spent so much money i thought i'd come on this forum to see who can help and see if anyone else was having similar issues. I don't think its his food as we've been feeding him it for years (Orijen). He's also never had this issue until about 4 months ago as well. *sigh* i hope we can both find a cure soon!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16267]Kristy[/MENTION] [MENTION=16262]Samson[/MENTION]

Man I wish I had a magic wand for Samson n Chubbs. This is ridiculous spending money like that n not one vet has the answer. I doubt very much is the food especially if you have always fed the same food for yrs. Just like Samson, im sure its not the chicken as he had the issue before feeding chicken.

Have you both tried apple cider vinegar for cleansing the paws then rubs some coconut oil as its an antifungal or check like laundry detergent, floor cleaners, fertilizers or what we have here in Canada is called Mushers Secret. Great stuff

https://www.amazon.ca/MusherS-Secre...qid=1472014580&sr=8-1&keywords=mushers+secret

And..... what " pee " me off is damm vets always blaming allergies when they can't find the problem.

Kristy

Aug 23, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubb Chubb
thank you Helsonwheels =( i'll buy some apple cider vinegar and give it a try. I have loads of coconut oil as Chubbs loves to eat it and i know it has many health benefits as well. Do i need to dilute the apple cider vinegar before wiping his feet? i haven't switched detergents, cleaners etc so not sure what is causing such a bad reaction...maybe a grass fertilizer? no idea :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
thank you Helsonwheels =( i'll buy some apple cider vinegar and give it a try. I have loads of coconut oil as Chubbs loves to eat it and i know it has many health benefits as well. Do i need to dilute the apple cider vinegar before wiping his feet? i haven't switched detergents, cleaners etc so not sure what is causing such a bad reaction...maybe a grass fertilizer? no idea :(

Yes dilute it. If you put fertilizers make sure you water it a lot so it sinks in properly and grass has to dry befow little paws goes on it.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
To me, I think the photo's you posted are of your Bully's PAW PADS. Correct ?
To me, it looks like HYPERKERATOSIS. My Bulldog, Maximus, suffers from Hyperkeratosis of his 4 Paws and of his Nose.
Do a Google search for Hyperkeratosis and you will find what I think your dog is suffering from.
Does your Dogs paw pads look like they are growing 'hairs' ? Let me know if they are.
First, just let me know what the photo's are of . Are the photo's of his Paw Pads, or the Tops of his Paws.

Patrick

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Definitely change vets and remove the chicken. My girls are on Earthborn Meadow Feast and have been for almost two years now. Amber has reactions to food if I change her diet; Ruby not so much but both will get tear stains if I change the food out. Amber use to have foot problems when she was a puppy. I used lemon juice, peroxide, and apple cider vinegar soaks a few times a week. Also epitome salt soaks and what I have found works great is Noxzema medicated pads. I had yeast problems and used everything but still had problems so one day I used my daughters Noxzema medicated pads and the results were amazing. The bullies love them too; now I only use them on their tail pockets, wrinkles and paws; they are really cheap and you get a ton in a container. The food, foot soaks and Noxzema medicated pads keep mine allergy free and my girls haven't had a bath in probably 14 months. No smells, I use lavender; I boil off the plant (several branches in a gallon of water and put it in a spray bottle) for a spritzer and they smell great plus its a natural insect repellent. I hope your bully starts feeling better, good luck.

OP
S

Samson

Aug 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
To me, I think the photo's you posted are of your Bully's PAW PADS. Correct ?
To me, it looks like HYPERKERATOSIS. My Bulldog, Maximus, suffers from Hyperkeratosis of his 4 Paws and of his Nose.
Do a Google search for Hyperkeratosis and you will find what I think your dog is suffering from.
Does your Dogs paw pads look like they are growing 'hairs' ? Let me know if they are.
First, just let me know what the photo's are of . Are the photo's of his Paw Pads, or the Tops of his Paws.

Patrick

Yes,the bottom of his paws. The irritation was in between, on top, on bottom, ankle...everywhere. I have looked into Hyperkeratosis and I'm not sure that is what the problem is. His paw pads aren't 'hairy'. Maybe it could be slightly there? But there is most certainly a different issue going on that is bigger. :-/ I appreciate your response!!

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely change vets and remove the chicken. My girls are on Earthborn Meadow Feast and have been for almost two years now. Amber has reactions to food if I change her diet; Ruby not so much but both will get tear stains if I change the food out. Amber use to have foot problems when she was a puppy. I used lemon juice, peroxide, and apple cider vinegar soaks a few times a week. Also epitome salt soaks and what I have found works great is Noxzema medicated pads. I had yeast problems and used everything but still had problems so one day I used my daughters Noxzema medicated pads and the results were amazing. The bullies love them too; now I only use them on their tail pockets, wrinkles and paws; they are really cheap and you get a ton in a container. The food, foot soaks and Noxzema medicated pads keep mine allergy free and my girls haven't had a bath in probably 14 months. No smells, I use lavender; I boil off the plant (several branches in a gallon of water and put it in a spray bottle) for a spritzer and they smell great plus its a natural insect repellent. I hope your bully starts feeling better, good luck.

I LOVE that idea of the lavender!!!! I'm not sure if he could manage with just that though.....lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.