Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horrible, Horrible, Horrible Paws

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Horrible, Horrible, Horrible Paws

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to see a different vet and talk about ZPack. Fingers crossed!!
    Not sure where you are located, but here is our list of vets, recommended by our members. I do agree with the chicken. We do lean ground beef for Tyson. Or lean ground turkey.

English Bulldog News Forums - English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians

Hope you find an answer and sweet boy can get some relief. And get rid of the cone! For cleaning, I would use witch hazel and some sensitive baby wipes.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Not sure where you are located, but here is our list of vets, recommended by our members. I do agree with the chicken. We do lean ground beef for Tyson. Or lean ground turkey.

English Bulldog News Forums - English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians

Hope you find an answer and sweet boy can get some relief. And get rid of the cone! For cleaning, I would use witch hazel and some sensitive baby wipes.
    Maybe I will try the ground turkey, but like I said, he had this problem long before I have started making him food. He was on Nature's Domain prior to the last 4 days. I used to cook food for him years ago that included chicken and he didn't have a problem with it them either. So not sure that that is a concern.

I use sensitive baby wipes daily and iodine soaks every other day or so. I put boots on him when he is outside so his feet don't touch the grass.

The cone is AWFUL. Someone needs to invent a cone that isn't 20 feet long for these short-snouted dogs....lol

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Maybe I will try the ground turkey, but like I said, he had this problem long before I have started making him food. He was on Nature's Domain prior to the last 4 days. I used to cook food for him years ago that included chicken and he didn't have a problem with it them either. So not sure that that is a concern.

I use sensitive baby wipes daily and iodine soaks every other day or so. I put boots on him when he is outside so his feet don't touch the grass.

The cone is AWFUL. Someone needs to invent a cone that isn't 20 feet long for these short-snouted dogs....lol
    Have you seen the soft ones? They are a lot more comfortable than the huge plastic ones from the vet.

Also they can become intolerant to things with time. I fed Tyson the same kibble for 5 years then all he sudden he started to have reactions to it. Doc said to switch up - we did; ended up with The Honest Kitchen base mix and we add in the ground beef, turkey or kangaroo (at times) since the food change, no more issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Have you seen the soft ones? They are a lot more comfortable than the huge plastic ones from the vet.

Also they can become intolerant to things with time. I fed Tyson the same kibble for 5 years then all he sudden he started to have reactions to it. Doc said to switch up - we did; ended up with The Honest Kitchen base mix and we add in the ground beef, turkey or kangaroo (at times) since the food change, no more issues!

He has a soft one. He was in the plastic one the vet gave him for a bit, but I got him the soft one instead. He also has the donut kind, but I have to have booties on him or he can still get at his paws.

I think I will try the ground turkey. However.....where on earth do you get kangaroo meat?!?! lol

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Poor bully boy! If you ate giving fresh cooked chicken it may be fine but when dealing with processed chicken... there is an issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes helsonwheels, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

He has a soft one. He was in the plastic one the vet gave him for a bit, but I got him the soft one instead. He also has the donut kind, but I have to have booties on him or he can still get at his paws.

I think I will try the ground turkey. However.....where on earth do you get kangaroo meat?!?! lol
    We get it from sprouts

My whole heart, Tyson.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubb Chubb
    Likes (Received)

sorry to hear about your issues =( i actually joined because i'm having a similar problem...ive gone to my Vet multiple times, he's been on all these different meds, including a couple that was already mentioned by you, and it still isn't helping!!! my boy Chubbs' paws are red, swollen, and peeling i have no idea what to do. i've spent almost $700 on multiple meds/visits and at our latest appt. at the vet, we were told its just typical allergies for a bulldog. I'm at my wits end...they bleed now and then as well. it's so frustrating that i can't help my boy. i'm sure he's in pain. As a last resort, i started giving him benedryl and i'm washing his feet every few days with this medicated shampoo. I may end up taking him to a dermatologist but i've spent so much money i thought i'd come on this forum to see who can help and see if anyone else was having similar issues. I don't think its his food as we've been feeding him it for years (Orijen). He's also never had this issue until about 4 months ago as well. *sigh* i hope we can both find a cure soon!

11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

@Kristy @Samson

Man I wish I had a magic wand for Samson n Chubbs. This is ridiculous spending money like that n not one vet has the answer. I doubt very much is the food especially if you have always fed the same food for yrs. Just like Samson, im sure its not the chicken as he had the issue before feeding chicken.

Have you both tried apple cider vinegar for cleansing the paws then rubs some coconut oil as its an antifungal or check like laundry detergent, floor cleaners, fertilizers or what we have here in Canada is called Mushers Secret. Great stuff

https://www.amazon.ca/MusherS-Secret...mushers+secret

And..... what " pee " me off is damm vets always blaming allergies when they can't find the problem.

13. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubb Chubb
    Likes (Received)

thank you Helsonwheels =( i'll buy some apple cider vinegar and give it a try. I have loads of coconut oil as Chubbs loves to eat it and i know it has many health benefits as well. Do i need to dilute the apple cider vinegar before wiping his feet? i haven't switched detergents, cleaners etc so not sure what is causing such a bad reaction...maybe a grass fertilizer? no idea

BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    thank you Helsonwheels =( i'll buy some apple cider vinegar and give it a try. I have loads of coconut oil as Chubbs loves to eat it and i know it has many health benefits as well. Do i need to dilute the apple cider vinegar before wiping his feet? i haven't switched detergents, cleaners etc so not sure what is causing such a bad reaction...maybe a grass fertilizer? no idea
    Yes dilute it. If you put fertilizers make sure you water it a lot so it sinks in properly and grass has to dry befow little paws goes on it.

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

To me, I think the photo's you posted are of your Bully's PAW PADS. Correct ?
    To me, it looks like HYPERKERATOSIS. My Bulldog, Maximus, suffers from Hyperkeratosis of his 4 Paws and of his Nose.
    Do a Google search for Hyperkeratosis and you will find what I think your dog is suffering from.
    Does your Dogs paw pads look like they are growing 'hairs' ? Let me know if they are.
    First, just let me know what the photo's are of . Are the photo's of his Paw Pads, or the Tops of his Paws.

Patrick

18. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Definitely change vets and remove the chicken. My girls are on Earthborn Meadow Feast and have been for almost two years now. Amber has reactions to food if I change her diet; Ruby not so much but both will get tear stains if I change the food out. Amber use to have foot problems when she was a puppy. I used lemon juice, peroxide, and apple cider vinegar soaks a few times a week. Also epitome salt soaks and what I have found works great is Noxzema medicated pads. I had yeast problems and used everything but still had problems so one day I used my daughters Noxzema medicated pads and the results were amazing. The bullies love them too; now I only use them on their tail pockets, wrinkles and paws; they are really cheap and you get a ton in a container. The food, foot soaks and Noxzema medicated pads keep mine allergy free and my girls haven't had a bath in probably 14 months. No smells, I use lavender; I boil off the plant (several branches in a gallon of water and put it in a spray bottle) for a spritzer and they smell great plus its a natural insect repellent. I hope your bully starts feeling better, good luck.

20. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads