What vaccines does your bully get?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
It is time for Fezzik's yearly rabies vaccine since my state requires it (will be doing 3yr one) . I am currently researching other vaccines, their efficacy, side effects, etc. What vaccines do you give your dog? Any info to share?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Kim, our guys get the boosters from their puppy vaccine schedule, and we also give them the Leptovirus vaccine because we live in an area that has woods and streams and a creek, and we have lots of wildlife in my neighbourhood especially skunks and raccoons which are the top carriers of the Leptovirus. The other vaccine we give them is Rabies, but we vaccinate our guys every other year, not every year.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I was thinking rabies and titer for the core ones.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Because we live with woods (deer, rabbit, raccoon, snakes. toads, frogs , creek... you name it)... I do not take the chance, my guys get them all as they are due for them.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Mine get the thimerosal free rabies and I titer for the core. From my personal experience my dogs have never had to have more than 1 round of core vaccines. Every time they have had titer test they came back positive and I strongly believe that is one reason why they are healthier

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Rabies, distemper & kennel cough. Rabies & distemper we do every 3 years (I think...) and the kennel cough is yearly.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My girls get the rabies and distemper. Ralph and Austin get the same every year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.