Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thickened forehead wrinkles? Growths along/under wrinkles?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
    Likes (Received)

Question Thickened forehead wrinkles? Growths along/under wrinkles?

Hello! My 2 year old bully has a couple forehead wrinkles that are not just normal thin skin bunching up like the rest of his face/body- meaning when you pull back his skin to try to flatten out 2 of the wrinkles near his eyebrows, you can feel that the wrinkles actually have lumps/ growths/nodules under them, the same shape as the wrinkles and it's not just loose skin that you can smooth out. I took him to the vet today who noticed the growths and she said that she has only seen them before in Bulldogs or Boxers but she has always found them to be benign (non- cancerous growths) & it may be genetic. He's had them since he was young but I thought it was normal & you can't tell by looking at him that they aren't just heavy bulldog forehead wrinkles. He is otherwise healthy besides some allergies and very sensitive skin in general. My question for all the bulldog owners is--- has anyone else found this on their bully? Or heard of it? Any experiences in causes/ treatments? I can't find any information about this condition on these forums or when I do general web searches. Everything wrinkle related is about infections, etc and not thickened tissue under wrinkles or benign lesions / growths. Thanks!!!!-image-jpeg-image-jpeg

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Thickened forehead wrinkles? Growths along/under wrinkles?

I will tag some members, but honestly I have never heard of cancerous growths like that... I'm glad to hear that they were benign.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

3. Likes helsonwheels, BullyPotato liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Glad Mr P P has nothing serious and doing great. Im sure you will have other members answering you regarding your question. Hang on.

5. Likes BullyPotato liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Jewel had wart-like growths on her jowls on the right side. One of the growths was biopsied and then diagnosed (dx'd) as papillomas. Although your doctor has seen this before, I truly think the only way to be sure is to have a biopsy done. Here is an article I found that may asist. --rj Causes of Solid-Appearing Lumps & Bumps on the Skin of Dogs

7. Likes BullyPotato, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the help! I'm going to ask the vet if she knows exactly what condition it is and if she thinks a biopsy might be good to do. I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to lumps. He's always had wrinkles in the same spot it's just that they now feel like they're filled in with tissue.

9. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Interesting, never come across this. His wrinkles appear perfectly normal, but of course I can't feel them like you can. What are the lumps like? Hard, Soft, Mushy? Do they move? Any chance of them just being fatty tissue?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

11. Likes BullyPotato, rjisaterp liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
    Likes (Received)

I looked at older pictures of him as a puppy (example) and he has the same 3 main head wrinkles, which makes me think they aren't just random lumps that might be more worrisome. The lumps are spongey feeling, can shift with the skin wrinkle, and it really seems almost like the folds he had on his head just thickened inside with little mounds (his nose rope is just normal thinner folded skin). I called my vet to ask again exactly what she wrote down, which was "thickened folds / benign skin proliferations, with a possibility that they are acrochordonous plaques." When I looked up "acrochordonous plaques" there isn't much info on it but it seems to be more common in the neck area. So who knows but I think I'll just watch and make sure they don't get larger/discolored/loose hair. I'm also going to try to contact the breeder to see if the parents or any siblings have anything similar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_7754-jpg  

13. Likes rjisaterp, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BullyPotato View Post
    I looked at older pictures of him as a puppy (example) and he has the same 3 main head wrinkles, which makes me think they aren't just random lumps that might be more worrisome. The lumps are spongey feeling, can shift with the skin wrinkle, and it really seems almost like the folds he had on his head just thickened inside with little mounds (his nose rope is just normal thinner folded skin). I called my vet to ask again exactly what she wrote down, which was "thickened folds / benign skin proliferations, with a possibility that they are acrochordonous plaques." When I looked up "acrochordonous plaques" there isn't much info on it but it seems to be more common in the neck area. So who knows but I think I'll just watch and make sure they don't get larger/discolored/loose hair. I'm also going to try to contact the breeder to see if the parents or any siblings have anything similar.
    Thanks for the update.

That is a great idea. Definitely knowing will help bring closure.

Please keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I also never experienced this or heard of it... so please do keep us posted about your findings. I LOVE his name.... Mr. Potato Pants -- LOVE it!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

17. Likes BullyPotato liked this post
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

He looks normal to me, I think it's just a bully thing to have fatty tissue there as they were bred to have forehead wrinkles.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    He looks normal to me, I think it's just a bully thing to have fatty tissue there as they were bred to have forehead wrinkles.
    Thanks I'm hoping so! It's stupid but it was making me a little self-conscious for him after the vet, wondering if he looks normal compared to other bulldogs - I mean I think he's adorable & love him regardless (& he could care less) but I kept staring at him looking at other bulldog pictures wondering if what I thought was part of him being cute was actually a deformity/something dangerous & I didn't realize what he should look like

-screen-shot-2016-08-17-3-11-36-pm-png-screen-shot-2016-08-17-2-56-30-pm-png

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks I'm hoping so! It's stupid but it was making me a little self-conscious for him after the vet, wondering if he looks normal compared to other bulldogs - I mean I think he's adorable & love him regardless (& he could care less) but I kept staring at him looking at other bulldog pictures wondering if what I thought was part of him being cute was actually a deformity/something dangerous & I didn't realize what he should look like

-screen-shot-2016-08-17-3-11-36-pm-png-screen-shot-2016-08-17-2-56-30-pm-png

Adorable babies..... I also have a Frenchie! I agree with David, you boy looks totally normal
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads