Help Needed! Losing spots of fur - Possibly allergies?

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
TOTW is a pretty good food... if he does well on it might be good to stick with it

His first poop since I switched to TOTW looked pretty normal so i guess this might be something I will stick with. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi sorry to high jack. I was just reading along :) So i just got my first bulldog pup the other night and he has been having Diarrhea. I just started feeding him this Wellness brand grain free dog food. Its for puppy but the ingredients has Chicken and turkey. Any specific reason chicken free is better? Thanks

My pup Chapo has only been on this brand for one day. Im thinking of switching to Acana or Taste of the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do a slow transition to the new food? If not, this could be why he's having diarrhea. Bullies tend to be allergic to processed chicken found in kibble. You can give the new food some time, about a month or so to see how he does with it. I would suggest adding in some plain canned pumpkin with the food. It will help with the diarrhea, and will help the belly adjust to the new food. You don't want to just switch cold from one day to the next on food, causes digest upset :(

Dianna

Sep 5, 2016
California
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Godiva aka Ellie
Our Ellie was eating Blue Buffalo puppy when we noticed her hair was thinning up the middle of her back. We switched her food to Beneful, I know , but it worked. We also bathe her every week with Oster Oatmeal shampoo, it has a bulldog on the bottle. She has a beautiful coat and is at the perfect weight. Haven't experienced any hair loss since.

Members online

No members online now.