Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar for hot spots?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I was talking to a neighbor who has a dog that has hot spot issues and she recommended using Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with mother on the spots. She said she soaks a cotton ball in it and then rubs it on her dogs skin. Supposedly it works better than anything her dogs vet has given her to use and has been doing this for years. If Chunkys hot spot doesnt get any better I am tempted to give it a try.

Has anyone else tried this?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Im always for natural first. Here's another good example like ACV Braggs.. a member had to say this about essential oils.

From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION]*/SarahIt's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world. i've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his*system.His*chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop. Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health.Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.

In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae
Fractionated*Coconut Oil*
Fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have never used it, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Usually by the time I get the dogs to the vets w/hot spots it's already in bad shape unfortunately...

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I might give it a try once the bottle of spray the vet gave me runs out. Chunky's neck doesn't look any better now anyway but hopefully its just taking time.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
ACV does work. I tried it on my GS with great results. :)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Bragg's is GREAT!!! It works for many many things, but if you are going to apply it to his skin, I would dilute it a little bit first. Just don't apply it as is, just so it doesn't burn. I add it from time to time in Tyson's water.... or in his food, just a bit though bc it is potent. But its health benefits are wonderful! Helps with digestion, allergies, yeast, joints, ears. I use it as a final rinse on Tyson after his baths. Again, diluted though. And I always go with Braggs, no other brand.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You totally can, but make sure you dilute it as others have stated... it will sting if not

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
What ratio should I try this? half and half or possibly 3/4 ACV to 1/4 water?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What ratio should I try this? half and half or possibly 3/4 ACV to 1/4 water?

I'd go opposite. 1/4 ACV, 3/4 Water. More water than ACV.... when I do the rinse for Tyson's bath, I'll do half a cup of ACV, but I fill a pitcher with water on top of that.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am going to start mixing it in with his dinner food and see how he does. He is eating it now and hopefully it will help with him getting rid of the hot spots and it really stinks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.