Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky has irritated skin also...

I am taking him to the vet at 330 to see what going on and it seem like he is having the same skin issues a lot of your alls pups are having. I first noticed it last night and wiped the spot on his lower neck area along with his skin folds with Malacetic hoping that would help. His skin is worse today so I made an appointment. He wont sit still for an underchin selfie or i would post a pict of the spot. I havent noticed him scratching at it and it seems to of gotten worse overnight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH... probably a darn hotspot -- the weather this summer is really kicking all their butts.

Keep us posted

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Hotspot and the vet gave Chunky a shot to ease the itching and a topical spray to use 1-2 times per day and 10 days worth of prednisone. I never seen chunky scratching that area once but he obviously was. He was too hyper for them to shave that area so the hair is still there and luckily his hair isn't real thick there

They have had 16 dogs in the last two weeks in for the same issue

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well I did get some good Chunky selfie's. One on the way there and one one we were back at the house. I need to get him use to riding in the truck again so he will calm down

20160802_150939.jpg

20160802_161104.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Handsome fella! Get better quick buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He's going to be fine now that you know what it is and has meds to help to ease the pain. Yayyyyyyyy trooper!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh... Wally had one at the beginning of summer, and we went thru the same thing. This summer has been brutal... hope Chunky feels better soon!!!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well Chunky's hotspots seem to be clearing up and I am not sure what exactly it was that helped them to start getting better or if it was a mixture of what the vet gave me and the Braggs apple cider vinegar I've been mixing in with his food. I am out of the bottle of spray they gave me but bought a bottle of Liquid Health Spot Shot from the Natural Pet Food store where I buy his food at that they say works.

I feel like I am over treating his symptoms like I do myself when i get sick. Allergy/sinus season for me is treated with nose spray, inhaler, allergy meds that I take year round and whatever sinus meds the pharmacy recommends at that time unless its mucinex and I choose something else. LOL

I guess as long as he gets better all will be well.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor chunky :( glad he's feeling better! Continued healing thoughts from Murray and I

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Re: Chunky has irritated skin also...

Good to hear it is healing quickly... Your allergies sound horrible

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Re: Chunky has irritated skin also...

Good to hear it is healing quickly... Your allergies sound horrible

My allergies do get bad at times but not to the point I need all the meds I take to get over a sinus infection. I just get tired of multiple trips to see a dr and over treat my symptoms to get rid of the cold quicker. Drs seem to give me the weakest meds and expect me back in 7-10 days. I'd rather do something else

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping handsome Chunky is doing better!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.