URGENT!!! 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you for all the suggestions. He is eating better now- boiled chicken, veggies, rice and a mix of canned dog food. Medication seems to be going down as well. He has been having twitches on the right side of his face and last night he had what looked like a mild seizure. He was moaning, slightly agitated and then suddenly urinated - which is completely out of character for him.

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that Jaxson is eating now. I guess time and patience are needed. Continued prayers and positive thoughts.

C'mon Jaxson let's play basketball.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for all the suggestions. He is eating better now- boiled chicken, veggies, rice and a mix of canned dog food. Medication seems to be going down as well. He has been having twitches on the right side of his face and last night he had what looked like a mild seizure. He was moaning, slightly agitated and then suddenly urinated - which is completely out of character for him.

Thank you for the update.... will continue to send prayers and virtual hugs

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, wondering if Jaxson is doing or feeling any better?

Continuing in prayer for his improvement & healing.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
My goodness...what a mess. I applaud your determination and your devotion to your bully. I just hope that your team can figure out what ails him and get it sorted. He's a mighty handsome boy and it broke my heart to see him hooked up in ICU. I'm glad he's home now. I'm praying for a good outcome to this ordeal.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Precious Jaxson. I Pray the Vet finds out what is wrong with this Precious Soul Glad he is keeping his food down and his medicine. Give Jaxson Kisses from me and Elmo Please.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=16188]Jaxsonthebulldog[/MENTION] how is J-Man doing? Can you provide us a SITREP (i.e. situation report)? Thanx!

OP
J

Jaxsonthebulldog

Aug 1, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Jaxson
Jaxson spent 5 days in ICU. On the following day they removed him from IV and were going to move him to a ward (cage) with occasional monitoring. The were still unsure what he had and were not going to do any further tests for now, so I asked to bring him home for a few days. He has improved a bit, in that he has not had seizures in the past few days and is moving around a bit. The doctor put him on prednisone and wanted to see him in a week.

We went in on tuesday for his one week appointment - it was discouraging. Neurologist is still baffled, aside from the masses that appeared on the MRI, all other tests were positive, so unable to pinpoint the root of the problem. we are told he hasn't had a stroke. He is to continue the prednisone for another week to see if there is any change, and another MRI to be done in 3-weeks. Meanwhile, the uncertainties - the falling over, confusion, unresponsiveness, lack of appetite, and staring off at walls still continue. We are afraid to have him climb or go down stairs on his own. Sometimes it looks as though he's forgotten how to drink water or that he has something lodged in his throat.

Any input/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Breaking my heart for y'all, having to watch Jaxson like this.

I'm strengthening my prayers that his issue IS found and also,
a remedy.

Sending hugs of comfort, courage & hope.

Huge hugs.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
What a tough situation! Bless you for doing everything that you are doing for him. Definitely keeping you all in our prayers!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Jaxson spent 5 days in ICU. On the following day they removed him from IV and were going to move him to a ward (cage) with occasional monitoring. The were still unsure what he had and were not going to do any further tests for now, so I asked to bring him home for a few days. He has improved a bit, in that he has not had seizures in the past few days and is moving around a bit. The doctor put him on prednisone and wanted to see him in a week.

We went in on tuesday for his one week appointment - it was discouraging. Neurologist is still baffled, aside from the masses that appeared on the MRI, all other tests were positive, so unable to pinpoint the root of the problem. we are told he hasn't had a stroke. He is to continue the prednisone for another week to see if there is any change, and another MRI to be done in 3-weeks. Meanwhile, the uncertainties - the falling over, confusion, unresponsiveness, lack of appetite, and staring off at walls still continue. We are afraid to have him climb or go down stairs on his own. Sometimes it looks as though he's forgotten how to drink water or that he has something lodged in his throat.

Any input/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts.

Has he been urinating on the floor or pacing at night? The symptoms you are describing sound like what Roxie was going thru, and she was diagnosed w/cushings disease. Basically it's small tumors that develop throughout the body, and she had some on her brain. Have they put him on medication for the seizures?

I'm so sorry you guys are going thru this, I can only imagine your frustration that they can't seem to find the cause... sending prayers to you and Jaxson.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16188]Jaxsonthebulldog[/MENTION]. thank you for the update

We are all praying very hard for your baby-- hoping the find the issue and can treat him. (((Hugs)))

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have been reading this with great interest. I believe Mabel have had small seizures for the last couple of weeks, but think it may be due to medications she is getting to treat her respiratory infection. She spends about 2 hours heavy breathing in the evening and occasionally is unsteady. She has fallen over a couple of times. I am going to call the vet in the morning, but this all started with the medications she was put on for the infection. I'm beside myself, so I know how you feel. Keeping your Jax in my thoughts and prayers.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Sweet Precious Mable, I hope she will be ok. Sending Loads of Love and Kisses for Mable.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.