Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsonthebulldog View Post
    Thank you for all the suggestions. He is eating better now- boiled chicken, veggies, rice and a mix of canned dog food. Medication seems to be going down as well. He has been having twitches on the right side of his face and last night he had what looked like a mild seizure. He was moaning, slightly agitated and then suddenly urinated - which is completely out of character for him.
    Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

@Jaxsonthebulldog how is J-Man doing? Can you provide us a SITREP (i.e. situation report)? Thanx!

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jaxson
    Likes (Received)

Jaxson spent 5 days in ICU. On the following day they removed him from IV and were going to move him to a ward (cage) with occasional monitoring. The were still unsure what he had and were not going to do any further tests for now, so I asked to bring him home for a few days. He has improved a bit, in that he has not had seizures in the past few days and is moving around a bit. The doctor put him on prednisone and wanted to see him in a week.

We went in on tuesday for his one week appointment - it was discouraging. Neurologist is still baffled, aside from the masses that appeared on the MRI, all other tests were positive, so unable to pinpoint the root of the problem. we are told he hasn't had a stroke. He is to continue the prednisone for another week to see if there is any change, and another MRI to be done in 3-weeks. Meanwhile, the uncertainties - the falling over, confusion, unresponsiveness, lack of appetite, and staring off at walls still continue. We are afraid to have him climb or go down stairs on his own. Sometimes it looks as though he's forgotten how to drink water or that he has something lodged in his throat.

Any input/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts.
    @jaxsonthebulldog

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Breaking my heart for y'all, having to watch Jaxson like this.

I'm strengthening my prayers that his issue IS found and also,
    a remedy.

Sending hugs of comfort, courage & hope.

Huge hugs.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Doggie Boutique Owner Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

What a tough situation! Bless you for doing everything that you are doing for him. Definitely keeping you all in our prayers!!

"Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

7. Likes Jersey liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsonthebulldog View Post
    Jaxson spent 5 days in ICU. On the following day they removed him from IV and were going to move him to a ward (cage) with occasional monitoring. The were still unsure what he had and were not going to do any further tests for now, so I asked to bring him home for a few days. He has improved a bit, in that he has not had seizures in the past few days and is moving around a bit. The doctor put him on prednisone and wanted to see him in a week.

We went in on tuesday for his one week appointment - it was discouraging. Neurologist is still baffled, aside from the masses that appeared on the MRI, all other tests were positive, so unable to pinpoint the root of the problem. we are told he hasn't had a stroke. He is to continue the prednisone for another week to see if there is any change, and another MRI to be done in 3-weeks. Meanwhile, the uncertainties - the falling over, confusion, unresponsiveness, lack of appetite, and staring off at walls still continue. We are afraid to have him climb or go down stairs on his own. Sometimes it looks as though he's forgotten how to drink water or that he has something lodged in his throat.

Any input/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts.
    Has he been urinating on the floor or pacing at night? The symptoms you are describing sound like what Roxie was going thru, and she was diagnosed w/cushings disease. Basically it's small tumors that develop throughout the body, and she had some on her brain. Have they put him on medication for the seizures?

I'm so sorry you guys are going thru this, I can only imagine your frustration that they can't seem to find the cause... sending prayers to you and Jaxson.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

9. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, Jersey liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Jaxsonthebulldog. thank you for the update

We are all praying very hard for your baby-- hoping the find the issue and can treat him. (((Hugs)))

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

11. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have been reading this with great interest. I believe Mabel have had small seizures for the last couple of weeks, but think it may be due to medications she is getting to treat her respiratory infection. She spends about 2 hours heavy breathing in the evening and occasionally is unsteady. She has fallen over a couple of times. I am going to call the vet in the morning, but this all started with the medications she was put on for the infection. I'm beside myself, so I know how you feel. Keeping your Jax in my thoughts and prayers.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

13. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, Jersey liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Praying for Sweet Precious Mable, I hope she will be ok. Sending Loads of Love and Kisses for Mable.

15. Likes Jersey liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Praying for Jaxson, Please help Jaxson God to get well and free from what this is he has. Thank You God. Love as Always to Jaxson.

17. Likes Texas Carol, Jersey liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Best wishes to Jaxson from Castor & Co. We hope he will soon feel better.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

19. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jaxson
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all very much for your good wishes and feedback. Get well soon Mabel, hope you are doing alright.
    I Wish I had better news on Jaxson, but still no significant improvement. We have noticed that his lower right side of his jaw hurts when touched, not sure why. We are trying to get him in to see the neurologist earlier than his scheduled appointment of August 30th. Not knowing is killing us and prolonging his pain.
    https://www.instagram.com/jaxsonthebulldog/
    @jaxsonthebulldog

21. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, Jersey, ChrisRN liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads