Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

Are you trying to hand feed,,, might help? Water--- try ice chips or a syringe to keep him hydrated

Prayers continue for your handsome boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jaxson
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 4th day in ICU - neurological issue unclear. Possibly Encephalitis or Lymphoma

We have been hand feeding him, but the bugger manages to spit out the food, same goes with the medication...but constantly trying.
    Will try the ice chips a/o a syringe. Thank you for your suggestions.
    @jaxsonthebulldog

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsonthebulldog View Post
    We have been hand feeding him, but the bugger manages to spit out the food, same goes with the medication...but constantly trying.
    Will try the ice chips a/o a syringe. Thank you for your suggestions.
    I had a puppy w/hydrocephalus and we had to hand feed him. We would give him water in a syringe, and hand feed him clumps of wet food... try anything to tempt his appetite canned dog food, or maybe some beef/chicken w/rice. For meds what I do is make a meatball w/meat or cheese that way they swallow it. I also give Walter his meds hidden in a small ball of peanut butter, it sticks in their mouth and they can't separate the pill.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

6. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad to read he's home now. Chumley had a grand mal seizure about 2 months ago. Don't know how much insight or help I can give as his situation seems a lot different. I depended so much on other members like @Libra926 and @JeannieCO for information and they were awesome! Chum is almost 6 and had no history of them..he does have head tremors since he was a puppy. one Sunday he had a few petit mal seizures and then the big one that night. I know how you felt because it was extremely traumatic. We rushed him to emergency and they out him on phenobarbital an suggested an MRI saying usually in dogs over 6 they recommend it to see if brain tumor. He's almost 6 and I went for it. No tumors were found and vet said treatment for now is keep him on phenobarbital for 6 months then take him off if no more seizures and see if they come back. If they do it could be epilepsy. So far it's 2 and 1/2 months without another one. He was very lethargic at the beginning and unsteady on his feet but has improved since then.
    i hope you get to the bottom of what's going on and Jax gets better. Sorry I'm not much help but I know how you feel .
    praying for Jax!

8. Likes cali baker, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Wow so nice to have him home. It's like kids. They're sick and we hand spoon them, sleep with them till the start getting up on their own.

I dont know what J eats. If it's kibbles, give him real food like cook turkey and veggies till he's all better. Sneak his meds in it. Home cooking, dogs dont need as much water as it's already full of moisture. Spoil him!!!

10. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jaxson
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the suggestions. He is eating better now- boiled chicken, veggies, rice and a mix of canned dog food. Medication seems to be going down as well. He has been having twitches on the right side of his face and last night he had what looked like a mild seizure. He was moaning, slightly agitated and then suddenly urinated - which is completely out of character for him.
    @jaxsonthebulldog

12. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, Chunky White liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the suggestions. He is eating better now- boiled chicken, veggies, rice and a mix of canned dog food. Medication seems to be going down as well. He has been having twitches on the right side of his face and last night he had what looked like a mild seizure. He was moaning, slightly agitated and then suddenly urinated - which is completely out of character for him.
    Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that Jaxson is eating now. I guess time and patience are needed. Continued prayers and positive thoughts.

C'mon Jaxson let's play basketball.

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the update.... will continue to send prayers and virtual hugs
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

16. Likes rjisaterp, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

18. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Yes, wondering if Jaxson is doing or feeling any better?

Continuing in prayer for his improvement & healing.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, Strikes, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My goodness...what a mess. I applaud your determination and your devotion to your bully. I just hope that your team can figure out what ails him and get it sorted. He's a mighty handsome boy and it broke my heart to see him hooked up in ICU. I'm glad he's home now. I'm praying for a good outcome to this ordeal.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

21. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Precious Jaxson. I Pray the Vet finds out what is wrong with this Precious Soul Glad he is keeping his food down and his medicine. Give Jaxson Kisses from me and Elmo Please.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads