Itching, Scratching OH MY!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Poor guy! It was a good thing that your wife noticed it immediately and took him to the vet. Skin stuff can spread so fast, it is unbelievable. I hope his recovery goes well - sending positive thoughts to you all.

Yes I told her just that. I got to admit I really love our vet and I am glad she was on at the time because she took care of him rather quickly. I did recommend her as a bully vet.

Our Bentley's lesions have dried up and do not look as inflamed as above. But he still has the itching which we gave him Benadryl and it really quieted down. We still do not know what caused it so we can isolate/get rid of whatever it is that caused it.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OUCH!!!! Poor thing!!!! I sure hope he gets relief very soon!!!

Thank you. he is doing much better. Meds are helping. He doe have an occasion itch and scratch. Almost sounds like a song.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
With all the dogs I took in over the years I never had any hot spots so didn't know
what the where until we bought a Springer Spaniel puppy (they have sensitive skin)
and a Vet Tech DIPPED him without our knowledge. Poor baby's skin was raw (at 1st
they denied any clue) but finally acknowledged the flea dip on him. OMG, was I pissed,
anyways it progressed into a severe yeast infection, what a nightmare! The last time we
ever left our dog (without us there) to be groomed and this was years ago.

Good on your wife and those meds get right on it, Group Hug! xoxoxo

Thank you Carol. I really appreciate it.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:w00t: Holy cowabunga!!!! Now that looks painful. The poor little thing...like you said, no break. Im sure all will turn around soon. Bentley is a real trooper!

It may have been painful because of his scratching...but I think he was itching more than hurting. He is my little OCD Boy...Mr. Barky Barky....Fart Boy...The poopinator...Just terms of endearment.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG... poor boy! The fur hides so much from us.... I hope he heals up quickly.

Hugs to you sweet boy

Thank you. He's doing much better. Jus an occasional itch and the lesions have dried up for now. We are afraid to what we will come home to since there is no one there to tell him not to scratch the itch.. We are giving Benadryl to him though which seems to help.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We just visited the vet Friday for basically the same issue..We are on medicated baths twice weekly and spray.This summer has cause havoc on our babies skin.Prayers for healing!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I agree. I think it is a tad hotter in your neck of the woods. Hot and humid here.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Oh Bentley, having a rough patch of luck aren't you pup! I hope he feels better. Ruckus had a hot spot pop up on his face seemingly out of no where once. To prevent him from scratching when we weren't around, I filed his nails a little rounder than usual with a nail file -- sually i just clip them - and the dullness helped.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Bentley, having a rough patch of luck aren't you pup! I hope he feels better. Ruckus had a hot spot pop up on his face seemingly out of no where once. To prevent him from scratching when we weren't around, I filed his nails a little rounder than usual with a nail file -- sually i just clip them - and the dullness helped.

Thank you Jackie for the tip on the nails. The wife did trim with a Drexel before we went to the vet. While at the vet, I asked them to trim him up. He is doing great now. The dermatitis is mellowing away. The seroma is almost gone as well. And we have our trip to Annapolis to see the knee doctor on Monday at which time I do hope Bentley can be taken off of injured reserve.

Give our regards to Keith, Ruckus, and of course Regina.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great news...so glad Bentley's doing better and hoping he's taken off injured reserve!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Bentley :( Murray and I are sending hugs, healing thoughts and prayers your way!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.