Help Needed! Bumps on head

Ahoneywell

Jul 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
Hello,
I am new here, thank god I found this site at this time. I have a English Bulldog - Willie -, and he has started showing signs of bumps on his face and head. Almost like a scabbing. He shows no signs of it hurting or itching. I check him all the time for ticks and fleas. Bath him every 2 weeks. Have not changed his diet. I am lost on what this might be. If anyone can give me a clue, it would be greatly appreciated.

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Could they be bug bites? Where I am, it's black fly & mosquito season...poor Sgt. has been bit a few times, after about a day they kind of scab. Gone within a few days though. How long have they been there?

OP
A

Ahoneywell

Jul 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
About 4 days now. How would I post a pic?

OP
A

Ahoneywell

Jul 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
14683336976532019674537.jpg

OP
A

Ahoneywell

Jul 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
He is about 5 years old. There are no other bumps anywhere except for on his head.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is about 5 years old. There are no other bumps anywhere except for on his head.

I'm thinking it could possibly be a staph infection.... does he have any bad allergies?

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Is he scratching at all? My girl was scratching and I found a FEW fleas right before I treated her. She was apparently allergic and reacted quickly to them.

OP
A

Ahoneywell

Jul 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
No allergies, fur does come off when scab is removed. No itching.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No allergies, fur does come off when scab is removed. No itching.

This is what I think it is... staph infection.... I would have a vet rule it out. It is normally caused by a weaken immune system and they only way to clear it up is with a high dose of antibiotics for about 2-3 weeks

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Welcome to EBN! :welcome: So sorry to hear you're having problems with Willie. I have a similar issue with my girl Jersey every year about this time. Due to the heat and humidity and the curvy anatomy of the inner ear she gets an infection in the outer ear. You may only see some slight redness and maybe inflammation if you lift the ear and look inside. The bumps on her head appear soon after the ear infection. (Signs of an ear infection can be rolling on their back, pawing at the ear or in Jersey's case she couldn't reach her ear and pawed her eyes and/or shaking the head). I've tried everything from diet to antibiotics and antibacterial washes with very limited success. What does work for Jersey is Vetricyn Wound and Skin Spray. (Available at Petsmart, Petco , Walmart... easy to find.) I notice a significant improvement within 48 hrs. I use it on the bumps and her ears for about 10 days. If Willies ears seem okay I would err on the side of caution and treat them also. Do NOT spray it in his ear. I put a little on my finger and massage it on the inside of only the ear flap and then on the head bumps.
This worked for me... not sure Willie has the same thing, but it might be worth a try. As 2BullyMama has said, if it is staph he will need antibiotics. We all know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out what works and what doesn't!! Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Willie!!!

Hello,
I am new here, thank god I found this site at this time. I have a English Bulldog - Willie -, and he has started showing signs of bumps on his face and head. Almost like a scabbing. He shows no signs of it hurting or itching. I check him all the time for ticks and fleas. Bath him every 2 weeks. Have not changed his diet. I am lost on what this might be. If anyone can give me a clue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.