Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bumps on head

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bumps on head

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoneywell View Post
    No allergies, fur does come off when scab is removed. No itching.

This is what I think it is... staph infection.... I would have a vet rule it out. It is normally caused by a weaken immune system and they only way to clear it up is with a high dose of antibiotics for about 2-3 weeks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bumps on head

Welcome to EBN! So sorry to hear you're having problems with Willie. I have a similar issue with my girl Jersey every year about this time. Due to the heat and humidity and the curvy anatomy of the inner ear she gets an infection in the outer ear. You may only see some slight redness and maybe inflammation if you lift the ear and look inside. The bumps on her head appear soon after the ear infection. (Signs of an ear infection can be rolling on their back, pawing at the ear or in Jersey's case she couldn't reach her ear and pawed her eyes and/or shaking the head). I've tried everything from diet to antibiotics and antibacterial washes with very limited success. What does work for Jersey is Vetricyn Wound and Skin Spray. (Available at Petsmart, Petco , Walmart... easy to find.) I notice a significant improvement within 48 hrs. I use it on the bumps and her ears for about 10 days. If Willies ears seem okay I would err on the side of caution and treat them also. Do NOT spray it in his ear. I put a little on my finger and massage it on the inside of only the ear flap and then on the head bumps.
    This worked for me... not sure Willie has the same thing, but it might be worth a try. As 2BullyMama has said, if it is staph he will need antibiotics. We all know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out what works and what doesn't!! Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Willie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoneywell View Post
    Hello,
    I am new here, thank god I found this site at this time. I have a English Bulldog - Willie -, and he has started showing signs of bumps on his face and head. Almost like a scabbing. He shows no signs of it hurting or itching. I check him all the time for ticks and fleas. Bath him every 2 weeks. Have not changed his diet. I am lost on what this might be. If anyone can give me a clue, it would be greatly appreciated.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads