Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Excellent points. Physicians or veterinarians; they're human and mistakes will be made. We get that. That said, being willing to admit error and pursue another avenue of treatment should be routine. We should not have to beg and plead and doctor shop to get the care that is necessary. (The following is a side rant, I apologize in advance) I've been in the medical field for 35 years and have seen daily exactly what Carol described. People being patronized or worse, being written off as "nuts" or "non-compliant" because the prescribed treatment was ineffective. Many people who can't or won't stand up to doctors and say "I'm doing what you prescribed and it's not working". Our dogs can't do that. It's up to us to insist/fight for them. Exactly as a parent would for a child. Carol is a fighter, she was not willing to accept her misdiagnosis and thank God got the diagnosis and treatment she needed. Most people don't. Many die in silence and pain from illnesses that are readily cured or treatable. The take home message is... Open your mouth, go to another doctor, be your own advocate. It might save your life or the life of your pet.

Thank you, Susan.

It took almost 3 years to go thru all the many orals and/or combinations of them.
They would want me on each one a minimum of 6 mo's before trying a different
one. The fact that NONE of them worked to bring my BS down should have clued
them something was very wrong. I had never really been sick prior to this or under
any Dr's care so trusted they knew what they were doing...I was wrong.

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
Anxious to hear how things are going now with Bentley... :doctor:
The fact that he is not eating and is lethargic is concerning.

Members online

No members online now.