Help Needed! Bulldog acting weird.

Graham Owen

Jun 28, 2016
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and wish I didn't have to start with a post like this.

My 3 year old male bulldog Oscar has been behaving very strange today since i got home from work.
He is darting around the room, looks abit like he is rubbing his head against the floor, and he is also stooping as if something is bothering him round him tail/bum.

I have just given his ears a check over and a clean, and also cleaned his backside, has anyone ever experienced this before, it's very unlike him and I'm abit worried. He also seems restless and doesn't seem to want us to go near to him.

Thanks in advance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome! Could he have gotten bit and is trying to scratch at it? Could also be anal gland issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm thinking maybe anal glands or his tail pocket might be bothering him

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with others, it's probably his anal glands or his tail pocket. If he's rubbing his head, it could also be his ears.
They can look clean on the outside, but he may still have and infection or one starting in his ear canal.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel also rocks side to side when her nose rope is bothering her. Now that it is warm, we clean the nose rope twice a day. She settles down once the itchy-itchy is taken care of.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Rubbing his head against the floor could be an ear problem. Jersey has had ear infections in the past, around this time of year and that's how it starts. Does one of Oscar's ears feel warm or look red or inflamed inside?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.