We are diagnosed to have parvovirus! Please share your experience!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Honey, I know I am joined with many here that are praying & will continue to pray for y'all.

As for your 'lil love, EBN will help get him healthy, happy & fabulous, don't you worry!

With immediate crisis over, I'd NOT feed that stuff but home cook his food, many here do
this as well, start with simple bland diet, easy on tummy & digests well. Plain, cooked white
rice with boiled hamburger...later you can add cooked veggies. After he's recovered completely,
you can stay with home cooked & add needed vitamins/minerals with a supplement or feed raw
(many do this & will help).

For now, his gut is damaged, I'd buy Colostrum (capsules, powder or liquid, no tablets) to heal
& rebuild immune system. Use Slippery Elm to coat his esophagus & gut (sooth, protects & heals),
give before meals. Google these & read up, they truly are miracle workers! Probably buy in herb
shops, Amazon for sure :) Most Vets (ours too) are not well educated (if at all) & food recommendations
are not helpful or good for our precious babies, we can do better ourselves for them. Let me know if you
have more questions on any of this or can't find (or get) but I'd think in China, good herbal sources there.

Much love to y'all & big hugs :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Honey, I know I am joined with many here that are praying & will continue to pray for y'all.

As for your 'lil love, EBN will help get him healthy, happy & fabulous, don't you worry!

With immediate crisis over, I'd NOT feed that stuff but home cook his food, many here do
this as well, start with simple bland diet, easy on tummy & digests well. Plain, cooked white
rice with boiled hamburger...later you can add cooked veggies. After he's recovered completely,
you can stay with home cooked & add needed vitamins/minerals with a supplement or feed raw
(many do this & will help).

For now, his gut is damaged, I'd buy Colostrum (capsules, powder or liquid, no tablets) to heal
& rebuild immune system. Use Slippery Elm to coat his esophagus & gut (sooth, protects & heals),
give before meals. Google these & read up, they truly are miracle workers! Probably buy in herb
shops, Amazon for sure :) Most Vets (ours too) are not well educated (if at all) & food recommendations
are not helpful or good for our precious babies, we can do better ourselves for them. Let me know if you
have more questions on any of this or can't find (or get) but I'd think in China, good herbal sources there.

Much love to y'all & big hugs :)

Fantastic advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Forgot to tell you to cook rice in plain, unsalted beef or chicken broth
and to feed in very SMALL amounts, several times for 2 or 3 days. If
all is well, then slowly increase food amount over the course of another
week and still over several times daily...little 'mini' meals really.

Try to find some NON dairy, plain, unflavored yogurt to feed Tank in between
times, just a teaspoon to start with to build back healthy gut balance. Making
sure Tank's getting plenty of water & unsalted broth to drink (not much) or
even Pedialyte (in baby section) to drink too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] Hoping to hear a good report on Tank,and still praying :pray:for this little guy! It sounds like he has the determination to get through this,and that does make a difference. @TexasCarol has given you great advice!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying and Praying for Precious Tank. Please let us know how this Beautiful Baby is doing?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] ...we are hoping for an update. We are still sending prayers and positive vibes that all is getting better.

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Dear friends, sorry for big break in updates, but here in China sometimes you just cannot get access to site without any reason:(! They call it Great Chinese Firewall:evil: So, our news are very good - Tank is happy and feels good again, I started to homecook for him rice with beef and pumpkin and he seems to digest it good! His appetite and stools are perfect. I am also trying to get this magic colostrum you recommended. After his awful sickness he lost quite a bit of fur, but hopefully we will grow it back very soon.
I am sure that his recovery would not be so smooth without your great advice and prayers! Thank you SO SO SO MUCH!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15780]Lalaloopsie[/MENTION] I am happy to hear this great news! You have done a good job taking care of Tank,and he had the will to live,which does make a difference:jumpdance:

OP
Lalaloopsie

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
image.jpeg

Thank you super super lots that you thought and prayed for us! I felt so bad i couldn't post good news and thought that it looks so bad - when in need I ask for help and everyone replies asap with precious advice, and when situation stabilized me and Tank disappear. But I am too stupid in computers to use vpn.
Here is picture of this precious piglet, he says 'Thank you!'
God bless you all, your families and priceless bullies!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 99804

Thank you super super lots that you thought and prayed for us! I felt so bad i couldn't post good news and thought that it looks so bad - when in need I ask for help and everyone replies asap with precious advice, and when situation stabilized me and Tank disappear. But I am too stupid in computers to use vpn.
Here is picture of this precious piglet, he says 'Thank you!'
God bless you all, your families and priceless bullies!

He us one happy boy!!! Thank you for keeping us posted and continued prayers sent for a great recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.