Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We are diagnosed to have parvovirus! Please share your experience!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We are diagnosed to have parvovirus! Please share your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    Dear friends, seems like this little guy is doing better - he didn't puke or poop since yesterday, and he is quite active. He is also super hungry and is begging for food, and it breaks our hearts! Because we cannot give him anything yet! Today doctor even gave him a tablespoon of canned food after IV and he seems to digest it - it is already 3 hours since he ate it and no problem! But we have to wait till tomorrow to give him some more. He is now also very interested in destroying a catheter which is in his paw, so we have to watch him thoroughly.
    Cannot express in words how grateful I am to all of you for your love and prayers and great advice! You gave us a huge feeling of support and comfort in this difficult situation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and God bless everyone and your beloved bullies!
    Sorry I'm so late to this... The troops have you covered.... Adding my prayers to you all !

Great to see he is recovering and praying he continues. ((Hugs)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Jersey, Lalaloopsie liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

AWESOME news, sounds like he is feeling much better... keep us posted!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

4. Likes Jersey, Lalaloopsie liked this post
    My name is Jersey! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Dear friends, seems like this little guy is doing better - he didn't puke or poop since yesterday, and he is quite active. He is also super hungry and is begging for food, and it breaks our hearts! Because we cannot give him anything yet! Today doctor even gave him a tablespoon of canned food after IV and he seems to digest it - it is already 3 hours since he ate it and no problem! But we have to wait till tomorrow to give him some more. He is now also very interested in destroying a catheter which is in his paw, so we have to watch him thoroughly.
    Cannot express in words how grateful I am to all of you for your love and prayers and great advice! You gave us a huge feeling of support and comfort in this difficult situation. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and God bless everyone and your beloved bullies!
    I'm SOOOO happy the hear this great news!!!!!

6. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

This is SUCH wonderful news!! - Ellie and I have been keeping you and Tank in our thoughts!!

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

8. Likes Jersey, Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Tears of joy reading your update, he sounds like he's turned the corner!

In my experience, the ones that didn't make it never improved once
    they showed symptoms but only worsened dramatically until death.

Sending love & prayers until he's home where he belongs & getting Mom's
    home cooked meals & being spoiled rotten as well deserved! Hugs to all

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

10. Likes Jersey, 2BullyMama, Lalaloopsie, Manydogs liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Some more news from Tank Yesterday we had an unpleasant moment, as just before i was going to give poor boy second dose of canned food doctor gave us at clinic, he started to develop hives all over his body. I gave hin antiallergic tablet and took him to hospital immediately and he was given steroid shots. We also got some other food to try, but unfortunately, this morning when we tried it, hives started to appear again. Seems like canned food available here is not suitable for us. It is also true, that all his gastrointestinal lining is gone, so food goes almost straight into blood through damaged GI walls. So it will be difficult now to find the food that will suit him. Today we didn't need IV, just got some shots. Now we tried Royal Canin gastrointestinal doctor gave us, seems to be ok. Unfortunately, RC is the only medical food available here. But it seems to be ok for Tank's tummy at the moment. We are super happy and probably, can exhale a bit! But it is still a long way to go to restore his health and gain back his trust, as during last week his world went completely nuts - not only he felt sick and weak, also people who were always nice to him instead of support started to take him to weird place where he was used as a pin cushion, and nobody protected hm, on the contrary - helped to hold him! Even more, his mother didn't feed him for TWO DAYS!
    Thank you so much for all support, without you I would definitely go completely crazy! And thank you so much for your prayers, because it is one very big problem in China - there is no church here to visit. There are some Korean churches here, but they are a bit different, and everything is in Korean. So, we are feeling quite lonely here and knowing that someone mentions you in their prayers in difficult moments helps a lot! Thank you so so much and God bless everyone and your bullies!

Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Honey, I know I am joined with many here that are praying & will continue to pray for y'all.

As for your 'lil love, EBN will help get him healthy, happy & fabulous, don't you worry!

With immediate crisis over, I'd NOT feed that stuff but home cook his food, many here do
    this as well, start with simple bland diet, easy on tummy & digests well. Plain, cooked white
    rice with boiled hamburger...later you can add cooked veggies. After he's recovered completely,
    you can stay with home cooked & add needed vitamins/minerals with a supplement or feed raw
    (many do this & will help).

For now, his gut is damaged, I'd buy Colostrum (capsules, powder or liquid, no tablets) to heal
    & rebuild immune system. Use Slippery Elm to coat his esophagus & gut (sooth, protects & heals),
    give before meals. Google these & read up, they truly are miracle workers! Probably buy in herb
    shops, Amazon for sure Most Vets (ours too) are not well educated (if at all) & food recommendations
    are not helpful or good for our precious babies, we can do better ourselves for them. Let me know if you
    have more questions on any of this or can't find (or get) but I'd think in China, good herbal sources there.

Much love to y'all & big hugs

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

13. Likes 2BullyMama, bullmama, Jersey, MacAttack liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Honey, I know I am joined with many here that are praying & will continue to pray for y'all.

As for your 'lil love, EBN will help get him healthy, happy & fabulous, don't you worry!

With immediate crisis over, I'd NOT feed that stuff but home cook his food, many here do
    this as well, start with simple bland diet, easy on tummy & digests well. Plain, cooked white
    rice with boiled hamburger...later you can add cooked veggies. After he's recovered completely,
    you can stay with home cooked & add needed vitamins/minerals with a supplement or feed raw
    (many do this & will help).

For now, his gut is damaged, I'd buy Colostrum (capsules, powder or liquid, no tablets) to heal
    & rebuild immune system. Use Slippery Elm to coat his esophagus & gut (sooth, protects & heals),
    give before meals. Google these & read up, they truly are miracle workers! Probably buy in herb
    shops, Amazon for sure Most Vets (ours too) are not well educated (if at all) & food recommendations
    are not helpful or good for our precious babies, we can do better ourselves for them. Let me know if you
    have more questions on any of this or can't find (or get) but I'd think in China, good herbal sources there.

Much love to y'all & big hugs
    Fantastic advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

15. Likes Texas Carol, Jersey liked this post
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to tell you to cook rice in plain, unsalted beef or chicken broth
    and to feed in very SMALL amounts, several times for 2 or 3 days. If
    all is well, then slowly increase food amount over the course of another
    week and still over several times daily...little 'mini' meals really.

Try to find some NON dairy, plain, unflavored yogurt to feed Tank in between
    times, just a teaspoon to start with to build back healthy gut balance. Making
    sure Tank's getting plenty of water & unsalted broth to drink (not much) or
    even Pedialyte (in baby section) to drink too.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

17. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Lalaloopsie Hoping to hear a good report on Tank,and still praying for this little guy! It sounds like he has the determination to get through this,and that does make a difference. @TexasCarol has given you great advice!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

19. Likes Texas Carol, Jersey liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Praying and Praying for Precious Tank. Please let us know how this Beautiful Baby is doing?

21. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

@Lalaloopsie how's Tank doing? I'm hoping so badly for him to be ok<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

23. Likes Jersey liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads