Food Switching

H

heff101

What is the best procedure to use when switching form one dry food to another? I have read so many different opinions on how to do it so I figured I would just come here and ask.
For a 20 month old Bully.
Thanks

OP
H

heff101

Sorry should of posted this in the nutrition section. Feel free to move it if necessary.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
With bullies you need to do a slow switch from at least 1 weeks time and up. Star by adding 1 part new to 3 parts old then gradually up to to half and half and then 3 to 1 and then you are set. I usually switch my boys wayyy too slow because I get excited to move onto the newer food. lol For me I just slowly mix the foods for a month or so, or however long it takes to get rid of the old while mixing in the new but so long as you take at least 1 week or maybe even 2 doing the transition you are good to go. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We were extra careful ... I increased the amount every 3 days sos it took almost 2 weeks!! Which food are you switching to if you don't mind me asking??

OP
H

heff101

Not sure yet. We presently have him on Natural Balance Potatoe/Venison but it is not agreeing with him. Would love to get him on Fromm but no dealers near me. The breeder had him on Orijen. Maybe we will just go back to it. Any other suggestions?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Not sure yet. We presently have him on Natural Balance Potatoe/Venison but it is not agreeing with him. Would love to get him on Fromm but no dealers near me. The breeder had him on Orijen. Maybe we will just go back to it. Any other suggestions?

We order our fromm online from petflow - REALLY good service and free shipping on orders over $59, you just have to use the code englishbulldog when you check out! You can set up auto delivery - so you can set up orders weeks in advance. I love it!!!

OP
H

heff101

Ended up buying Go Natural Salmon & Oatmeal. Hopefully that will work.

OP
H

heff101

In reply to Cali Jenn:

I tried it yuck...but Heff loves it!

I also got Eagle Pack Holistic Transition to add to the food. Combination probiotics & digestive enzymes to make the transitions easier.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.