Help with chin acne

hneves

May 7, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
So its getting a little out of hand... Ive tried drying his chin after he drinks water, cleaning after he goes out sides, etc...
And his chin is not getting any better...

Any advice?

IMG_1053.JPG

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Murphy was like that. It was extremely bad!!!
We took him to the vet
They gave him a streroid shot & antibiotics and within the day the swelling and redness had gone down.
With completeting his antibiotics his chin is 100% better.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, so excited to have you & Duke here with us crazy bully people.

That looks like staph on Dukes chin and if so, needs Vet visit & meds to clear it
up. It is painful to him & it's easily spread, so be careful.

After that, feed & water in steel bowls, keep clean daily or every other day in
dishwasher (heat & steam W/ DRY cycle on), grain-free diet, dry after drinking
and the members can further instruct on what to clean chin with, I can't quite
remember the name. I'm lucky with Cami & regular face washing keeps acne
from forming but it's a common issue. Good luck & please update us.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
What do you feed Duke?

I went back & looked at all your threads, it's clear that Duke
has had skin issues since birth & a weak immune system.

Do you have a good Vet by now with bulldog experience, wasn't
impressed with the one used when you first got Duke and would
find a better Vet.

I think he's dealing with allergies, could be food or environmental.
Perhaps start with food change & add supplements such as pro or
probiotics & goat colostrum to rebuild immune system. Also, he
needs a grain free kibble. Lisa (owner of this site & bully breeder)
uses & sells NUVET, a line of nutritional vitamins & supplements
that help keep the gut, body, and bones strong & healthy, good for
maintenance health after his immune system is working properly.

Please let us know how Duke progresses & good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So its getting a little out of hand... Ive tried drying his chin after he drinks water, cleaning after he goes out sides, etc...

Any advice?

View attachment 99432

OUCH! What a re you feeding? How old is Duke? has anything changed in the house or diet?

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge

Any advice?

View attachment 99432
Would your vet possibly take a look at that pic and let you pick up meds? It does look pretty brutal. And sorry this is happening even with you trying to keep him dry. Our guy had a red rash all down his neck after an ecollar recently, no doubt from being damp in there, and we were given gen-one spray that cleared it right up. He was also already on antibiotics but your guy may need some, poor thing. You may also want to try ceramic food bowls (my vet thinks stainless wears down over time and many dogs react to this metal breakdown) and wash with hot soapy water after each feeding and the water dish 2x a day as well. In the past a good thick antibiotic ointment from the vet worked for the acne (Muricin) in addition to the antibiotics. Hope he is better soon!

OP
H

hneves

May 7, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Sorry for taking so long to reply. But Duke has an appointment on on Friday, so hopefully they'll be able to get him on some antibiotics.
I've been having LOTS of issues with Duke, from the chin acne, to having those cysts in between his toes and occasionally he gets these lumps across his sides and back

Obviously he's allergic to something and its coming down to getting that really expensive allergy test done in order to know exactly what it could be.

As far as food goes, we've tried a couple brands, currently we're feeding him Natural Balance Venison and Sweet Potato.

Ill keep you guys posted!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry for taking so long to reply. But Duke has an appointment on on Friday, so hopefully they'll be able to get him on some antibiotics.
I've been having LOTS of issues with Duke, from the chin acne, to having those cysts in between his toes and occasionally he gets these lumps across his sides and back

Obviously he's allergic to something and its coming down to getting that really expensive allergy test done in order to know exactly what it could be.

As far as food goes, we've tried a couple brands, currently we're feeding him Natural Balance Venison and Sweet Potato.

Ill keep you guys posted!!

We did full blood screen allergy test.. $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd do testing if you can! It will give you a lot of info, even if you choose to not do shots. Sadly, shots were not successful with our boy, an he had so many allergies, his shots had to be divided into two serums, hence, 2 shots each time. :( After a yr, not much better, now he's on Atopica.

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Max has exactly the same, he has appointment for vet tomorrow, but I changed his food many times in this month, he don't wants eat, I looking for any food good for he, is dificult and I think his acne is for allergies to any ingredients of his food, now jus waiting for talk with the vet

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good luck to both of you at the vet tomorrow! i think summer is very rough on our bullies. :yes4:

bsmith3

Apr 20, 2015
colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubbles
My eb boy bubbles' chin looked just like your boys chin maybe not as bad but he had open sores and it was red and bleeding. I thought staph but what I used where malectic wipes which are essentially malaket wipes (have no idea why they're named differently) and this topical cream from natural dog company called skin soother. I cleaned his face with the wipes let it dry and then added the soother and within 2 days the redness is nearly almost gone and bumps have gone down significantly in size. The soother is made of all natural ingredients that are not harmful in ingested accisentlt. I've been using it for a year and it works amazingly in folds and irritated areas. They just released a wrinkle balm stick which I can't wait to try. So yep Just an idea if this should happen again.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My eb boy bubbles' chin looked just like your boys chin maybe not as bad but he had open sores and it was red and bleeding. I thought staph but what I used where malectic wipes which are essentially malaket wipes (have no idea why they're named differently) and this topical cream from natural dog company called skin soother. I cleaned his face with the wipes let it dry and then added the soother and within 2 days the redness is nearly almost gone and bumps have gone down significantly in size. The soother is made of all natural ingredients that are not harmful in ingested accisentlt. I've been using it for a year and it works amazingly in folds and irritated areas. They just released a wrinkle balm stick which I can't wait to try. So yep Just an idea if this should happen again.

I want to try this! [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] What do you think?
My vet doesn't like stuff like this, prefers Neo-predef in folds. [MENTION=14068]bsmith3[/MENTION] - does it dry or is it moist in the folds??

bsmith3

Apr 20, 2015
colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubbles
I want to try this! [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] What do you think?
My vet doesn't like stuff like this, prefers Neo-predef in folds. [MENTION=14068]bsmith3[/MENTION] - does it dry or is it moist in the folds??
It is moist bc of the balm factor but I check his folds everyday and it does dry up but it helps a ton.

bsmith3

Apr 20, 2015
colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubbles
b02bf548a921db375d6e2674d3591236.jpg

This isnt a great picture but 2 days ago his chin was red and bleeding it looked so painful and this is today. I had taken a before picture but it's blurry :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.