General Question Amitriptyline for anxiety

Cinderly

Jun 18, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hello,
I am new to the site. I have a six yr old male bully named Tyson. He is my baby and has been with us since he was 14 weeks old. We recently sold our home and are builing a new one so we are in an apartment for the next 5-6 months. Tyson has never been a barker but has developed some anxiety issues and barks when we are at work. It has only been a week and we have received calls from the management. We are trying everything we can think of. We leave the tvs on to distract from other sounds, given him special treats for when we are gone, recruted grandma and others to stop by during the day to give him attention. I understand dogs like humans sometimes need medications so I asked my vet about giving him something. He prescribed amitriptyline. I would like to hear others experiences with this (positive or negative).
Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience with this drug, but have you looked into doing doggie daycare or can he stay with G-ma while you work?

Bulldogs can be VERY OCD... the smallest thing out of place can send them in a barking frenzy or in our case-- :poo: in place when some thing was changed and he noticed.

We had to do a 4 mth apartment stay when our house was built and we had some barking issues with Banks, but luckily no complaints--- one thing, if possible for you, we had a fantastic project manager for our build and a week before settlement he gave us the garage code so we could bring the dogs to the house and let them roam around... We did 1-2 hrs a night a few times especially day before move in and it work great--- no issues after we moved

Best of luck with everything

Ans :welcome3: to EBN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.