URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!

matus22

Jun 17, 2016
Country
Slovakia
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy
Hi! We have really big problem with festering wound. Its under his neck so Snoopy cant sleep because it looks paintful. Today it's third day and it's getting worse. Im using on it Hydrogen peroxide 3 times per day and cleaing it with pure water. PLEASE HELP US :please: :(

WP_20160617_002.jpgWP_20160617_004.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This looks like a hot spot to me that is getting out of control… I will attach a thread for you on here to help w/hot spots. You may need to take him to the vets, it does look infected…

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Yup i wouldn't wait. I will go to the vet. This looks painful poor baby. Hope he gets well soon. And please go see a vet.

OP
M

matus22

Jun 17, 2016
Country
Slovakia
Bulldog(s) Names
Snoopy
Thank you people :( By the way its second time per 2 months when he get this hot spor and as well he had same problem last year in summer. I took him to vet last month and vet said just clean it up with Hydrogen peroxide.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16011]matus22[/MENTION] As a precaution,get some Vetericyn,and keep it on hand. Next time you see a hotspot starting use the Vetercyn right away,before the hot spot spreads.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
@matus22
You may be able to call your vet and ask if you buy some GenOne spray for it. I recently was given GenOne spray for when our poor guy had a rash like that from his comfy cone and water not drying under his neck after eye surgery recently and it worked amazingly. I would not use peroxide and though I love Veterycin, I think your guy may need something stronger right now. Good luck to you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi! We have really big problem with festering wound. Its under his neck so Snoopy cant sleep because it looks paintful. Today it's third day and it's getting worse. Im using on it Hydrogen peroxide 3 times per day and cleaing it with pure water. PLEASE HELP US :please: :(

View attachment 99318View attachment 99319

The area needs to be shaved of fur... The fur retains dirt and moisture which will 'feed' the hotspot.... On e shaved clean and keep it dry. Vectericyn hotspot spray works great.

Hotspots are usually a result of allergies so keeping immune system strong is a good way to prevent them...

Good luck and keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Definitely a hotspot. I use a diluted bedadyne solution to cleanse my babe's hot spots 2 times a day. It helps, BUT, see your vet too!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.