Headed to the vets this morningā€¦

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Tracey....I feel so bad for Wally. I wanted at first to say that I was happy to hear that it's a sting and not something more serious BUT poor thing....it still sounds awful !! What is with the potty problems though? Not diarrhea? Did vet give you any guidance? Could it have been a spider?

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Maybe there's a bee or wasps nest somewhere in the yard and you can spray it with some raid? I hope Wally feels better soon, glad he has no temp and clear lung sounds. Hugs and healing thoughts from Murray and I

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene Tracey....I feel so bad for Wally. I wanted at first to say that I was happy to hear that it's a sting and not something more serious BUT poor thing....it still sounds awful !! What is with the potty problems though? Not diarrhea? Did vet give you any guidance? Could it have been a spider?

He refuses to go in the grassā€¦ we have a bunch of clover that is growing in the yard because we have empty lots on both sides of our house. The bees and wasps are hanging out in the yard, so I think he stepped on something. He does NOT have loose stools yet, but w/these meds I'm sure he willā€¦ Ugh. I'm making go in the yard, but I have to put his leash on himā€¦ hopefully this is just a short faze.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
He refuses to go in the grassā€¦ we have a bunch of clover that is growing in the yard because we have empty lots on both sides of our house. The bees and wasps are hanging out in the yard, so I think he stepped on something. He does NOT have loose stools yet, but w/these meds I'm sure he willā€¦ Ugh. I'm making go in the yard, but I have to put his leash on himā€¦ hopefully this is just a short faze.

Oh dear....I sure hope so. I really, really feel bad for you and Wally, seriously!! I'll be sure to check in over the weekend, hopefully you'll have time for a quick update. Peace friend!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh my....hopefully what ever it is goes away soon! Hope you both get some rest soon!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]
So sorry for your poor baby and you!
Do you have probiotics for him so the meds don't upset his tummy? I am so lucky the Gentle Digest (chewables) have kept our boy from loose stools on meds.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Damn wasps... With all the clover and weeds--- i bet it was a wasp sting and why he won't go in the grass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith

Treats...lots of treats to get over the trauma of getting stung.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene
So sorry for your poor baby and you!
Do you have probiotics for him so the meds don't upset his tummy? I am so lucky the Gentle Digest (chewables) have kept our boy from loose stools on meds.

I give him probiotics daily, so I will be sure to keep that going. Thanks for the tip though...

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I give him probiotics daily, so I will be sure to keep that going. Thanks for the tip though...
You are welcome!! [MENTION=15669]Jellyfish[/MENTION] just posted a probiotic spray her vet recommends. I am going to try it soon, I think it's a great idea!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] How is WallyG doing today? Hoping he is improving! :yes:
images
will he go out yet?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene How is WallyG doing today? Hoping he is improving! :yes:
images
will he go out yet?

Wally is doing great, Thanks for asking!!! He's been sleeping, but he finally stopped scratching his face on the carpet. Two more days of the pred and his allergies should be under control...

And YES he finally will go potty on the grass, we let him has his varsity ball for like 10min last night and he was thrilledā€¦ Lol

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww, so glad he is doing better!!! I meant to ask in my previous post. :eek: [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Great news! I am so relieved for you that he has improved so quickly!:clap:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
poor Wally :( I hope so too

Members online

No members online now.