ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well this started about 2 days ago, and unfortunately our internet was out w/the storms we were having...

Wally started acting weird, chewing on his paw continuously… and when I finally got a look it was super red and swollen. I gave him some benadryl and put some vetericyn on it… that night he was restless, woke me up at 530am vomited and pooped all over the living room. I called the vet yesterday morning, and we came to the conclusion that he was bit or stung by something… unfortunately yesterday was her day off and the other vet I normally see was on vacation. She instructed me to give him some prednisone (we have some for the hubby) and keep up w/the benedryl. He seemed to be fine, he wasn't breathing hard or anything… just acting weird, rubbing his eyes on the carpet and generally acting out of sorts. Last night OMG… he woke me up at 1am, vomited once (it was liquid) and pooped all over the bedroom (NOT diarrhea) and once again… up all damn night pacing. I am BEYOND exhausted at this point...

I'm taking him to the vets this morning… his paw doesn't seem bad now, but both of his eyes are weeping. His face isn't as red as the first day, but he REFUSES to go outside and use the bathroom. I had to put his halter on this morning and we stood outside for 15min and he did nothing. I guess he's scared to go out in the grass now… AND he's been growling at us if we try to look at his paw/eyes/face etc.

I have NO idea what the heck is going on… I will let you guys know when I get back.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Honey...praying over Wally right now, hope it's over asap
and sending you big hugs & hoping for sleep for both of you
when you get back (after a quick report of Vet dx) xoxoxo

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@ddnene Sending best wishes and prayers for Wally (and you):heart:. It's like he has had a strong reaction to some kind of bite. Especially that he is afraid to go outside. There are those mean bees that live in the ground,and they sent a dog I had to the hospital. I hope poor Wally will be okay(maybe prednisone/pain meds.)
:pray::pray: Damn!You have been through so much:shout:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh my goodness, poor Wally and poor you! :( I am sending positive thoughts to you both this morning and that the vet visit goes well. Hopefully it is just a bad reaction to something and will get out of his system soon.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope it is nothing major and Wallygator starts to feel better soon.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
Wow, not fun. Praying that it's a simple fix.:pray2:

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh Tracey!! Poor Wally AND you! Crazy symptoms!! PLEASE update us when you're home. Praying that it's nothing serious!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Wally! I hope the vet gets him feeling better ASAP!!!! Please keep us posted

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just got back from the vets...

She thinks that he got stung by something, and he developed a hot spot on his face near his eye. For some reason his body is just in overreaction allergic mode… no temp, and his lung sounded fine. She put him on Prednisone, Rilexine (antibiotic) and continue w/the Benadryl for the next 3 days. Hopefully we caught this in time before it turns into a bigger issue :whew: I'm just hoping that I can get him to go potty in the yard and NOT in the house… Ugh!

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes… hopefully we can BOTH get a good sleep tonight! :babysleep:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh poor Wally and mommy. I hope he feels better soon. I know how worrisome it is when they are sick. Hope u both get your well deserved rest.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh poor Wally and mommy. I hope he feels better soon. I know how worrisome it is when they are sick. Hope u both get your well deserved rest.

This happened SO fast, I was really stumped as to what the heck was going on… Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online