TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Thank you SO much, everybully!
Manydogs----I am SO sorry about your precious baby that didn't survive :(

The second vet also agreed it should be removed, but we've waited a while to see if/ how much the mass
has grown. In the last 3 months, it has thankfully only grown 1 centimeter, and the vet was also happy that it
doesn't look "angry" like some masses do. Not to say it isn't cancer; but he's still hopeful.

She'll be getting it removed in about a week.....I REFUSE to worry too much, and I just have a good feeling
that it's NOT cancer. I know it may sound like it, but I'm not in denial :) I DID start thinking about
what if ....what if.....and then started thinking about life without her, and I had to make myself stop!

I should also explain----hubby and I have only been through ONE death so far; and it was our sweet 10-year-old
foster who was already sick, plus---since we all know TEN is a wonder-bull age for a bulldog; it's not as though
it was that SHOCKING; although it was SO hard, and we still get teary eyed when we talk about him. He was
only with us 7 days before he died suddenly---poor baby!l

After the vet started talking today about IF it's cancer, her life expectancy, chemo, etc.....of course I thought
about what our first experience with euthanasia will be; and realized I had to STOP thinking about that, too!
IF you read all of this, thank you, and ((( HUGS ))) to all of you who've been through this!!! :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It all sounds very hopeful that results will be excellent for Sophie's full recovery
and thankfully you've got excellent Vets, a huge plus!

It's hard not to think about 'what ifs' and normal in your case, I'll be praying for
y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you SO much, everybully!
Manydogs----I am SO sorry about your precious baby that didn't survive :(

The second vet also agreed it should be removed, but we've waited a while to see if/ how much the mass
has grown. In the last 3 months, it has thankfully only grown 1 centimeter, and the vet was also happy that it
doesn't look "angry" like some masses do. Not to say it isn't cancer; but he's still hopeful.

She'll be getting it removed in about a week.....I REFUSE to worry too much, and I just have a good feeling
that it's NOT cancer. I know it may sound like it, but I'm not in denial :) I DID start thinking about
what if ....what if.....and then started thinking about life without her, and I had to make myself stop!

I should also explain----hubby and I have only been through ONE death so far; and it was our sweet 10-year-old
foster who was already sick, plus---since we all know TEN is a wonder-bull age for a bulldog; it's not as though
it was that SHOCKING; although it was SO hard, and we still get teary eyed when we talk about him. He was
only with us 7 days before he died suddenly---poor baby!l

After the vet started talking today about IF it's cancer, her life expectancy, chemo, etc.....of course I thought
about what our first experience with euthanasia will be; and realized I had to STOP thinking about that, too!
IF you read all of this, thank you, and ((( HUGS ))) to all of you who've been through this!!! :(

We are all praying and pulling for your girl! keep us posted and stay positive... :pray: :hug:

OP
TooTooMommy

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Hi everybully; I appreciate everyones' responses. :) [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]---I'm SO sorry about your baby! :(
The vet has been monitoring her mass every few months via ultrasound, and thank God, it hasn't
grown much, and he doesn't THINK it's cancer, but won't know for sure until removal. We also haven't been
worried because she doesn't have any of the usual signs or symptoms of a splenic mass.

We've put off surgery as long as possi-bull because she had gone through so many other surgeries for an unrelated problem. But today's ultrasound showed a 1 cm increase in the last 6 months (not bad at all !), and although the vet has never said we should absolutely have it removed, it COULD rupture, which usually isn't surviva-bull. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everybully; I appreciate everyones' responses. :) [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]---I'm SO sorry about your baby! :(
The vet has been monitoring her mass every few months via ultrasound, and thank God, it hasn't
grown much, and he doesn't THINK it's cancer, but won't know for sure until removal. We also haven't been
worried because she doesn't have any of the usual signs or symptoms of a splenic mass.

We've put off surgery as long as possi-bull because she had gone through so many other surgeries for an unrelated problem. But today's ultrasound showed a 1 cm increase in the last 6 months (not bad at all !), and although the vet has never said we should absolutely have it removed, it COULD rupture, which usually isn't surviva-bull. :(

Continued positive thoughts and prayers... keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16009]TooTooMommy[/MENTION] Praying for your little girl, whatever you decide. I know having to make hard decisions for them is stressful,but either way,you do what you feel is right. We do the best we can,and leave the rest to GOD. (and the DR.)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.