Ear Infections

Whitney Chiang

May 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Our guy is really prone to ear infections. We clean his ears regularly, and we use a prescription ear flush, TriEDZA (I think?), but he keeps getting ear infections. Three in the last two years, and I think he's getting another one.

Any suggestions? Is it possible the flush is actually making it worse?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I think sometimes repeated ear infections can be allergy related... does he have any other signs of allergy? Maybe to much cleaning can cause them... I really don't know... I wipe my dogs ears once a week nowadays, they usually have some gooey stuff in but it has never seemed to bother them and it's not smelly or red thankfully.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Our guy would get them too. I wipe ears out with Ears so Right (don't pour it in) weekly and the vet recommended I use [h=1]Posatex Otic Suspension for Dogs (script)[/h]in his ears after bathing as a precaution. Is your dog swimming or getting wet often?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We had a bulldog Bella that would get chronic ear infections… we finally started getting her ears packed. I can not remember what exact medicines that they used, but I will tag a member that just had this done recently to her bully. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

This really worked for our baby…

OP
Whitney Chiang

Whitney Chiang

May 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Our guy would get them too. I wipe ears out with Ears so Right (don't pour it in) weekly and the vet recommended I use [h=1]Posatex Otic Suspension for Dogs (script)[/h]in his ears after bathing as a precaution. Is your dog swimming or getting wet often?

He does occasionally go swimming when we visit my parents, but not often.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our guy is really prone to ear infections. We clean his ears regularly, and we use a prescription ear flush, TriEDZA (I think?), but he keeps getting ear infections. Three in the last two years, and I think he's getting another one.

Any suggestions? Is it possible the flush is actually making it worse?

Lambeau was getting them and I could not keep his clean... Our vet placed 'Claro' in each ear and i was not to do anything for 3 weeks, it has been about three months now and his ears are still infection free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Whitney Chiang

Whitney Chiang

May 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Lambeau was getting them and I could not keep his clean... Our vet placed 'Claro' in each ear and i was not to do anything for 3 weeks, it has been about three months now and his ears are still infection free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will ask our vet about that next time we go in.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.