Talk to me about fish oil

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
What are the benefits? What kind? Pill or liquid? Fish oil vs coconut oil? Any other information appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I use coconut oil because it is easier to find the right kind. His fur is very glossy and smooth right now. This is the kind of fish oil I have seen recommended on the site https://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-All-Natural-Supplement-Pump-Bottle-Dispenser/dp/B0002ABR6E.

I do still have chin irritation issues and have been trying different things. I don't think it is the food as his ears are good, but the cleaning regimen and I haven't found the right formula yet. For those of you who use fish oil do you find it helps with the chin irritation and acne?

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I've been using coconut oil and seeing improvements in both my bulldog and pitbulls coats. So soft! I see people doing both but coconut oil is just easier for me. Thinking of adding some plain yogurt too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Both are really good for the coat, skin and immune system..... I use coconut oil cause both my boys will just eat it off the spoon

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
We use fish oil just in a pump container. 3 Pumps every day in her breakfast and she loves it! I think it helps with her coat and alopecia from allergies.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Ended up having to swap to coconut oil because mine were itchy from the salmon oil. A big plus is with the coconut oil they are not giving you fishy burps or kisses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Both... rotate every other day. She tends to get very soft stools if I dont. Home cooking

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online