My 8 month old puppy has a bald spot on the back of her leg!

DaniNicooole

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
Hi! My 8 month old English Bulldog Fiona has a bald spot on the back of her leg. I believe it all started when she ate pedigree a few weeks ago with a food allergy. She was scratching at her head and caused it to bleed. During this time she developed a bald spot on the back of her leg. Based on initial research I thought it was a hot spot so I shaved around it to open up the area like most vets advised for at home treatment. Since shaving the "spot" has never oozed or had puss. Sometimes it's red and it's really dry. It doesn't seem to bother my dog. She doesn't scratch at it or anything but I need other opinions on what it might be. Please help! image.jpeg

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi @DaniNicooole and Fiona, welcome to EBN:welcome:

Was the spot wet-ish like a hot spot in the beginning? My Bennie has had hot spots but the areas haven't been bald afterwards... so I'm unsure if was a hot spot Fiona had there:unsure: the location also seems odd but I don't know... my bulldogs have always gotten them around the neck/chest or face area.

Sometimes if they for some reason lose the hair it takes very long before it grows back if it ever does. My Boeboe still has a small bald spot on her back from a skin scrape four years ago.

You could try and rub some coconut oil on the area, coconut oil is a great product to use. I feed it to my bulldogs every day:)

I'm gonna tag @2BullyMama she's always great with skin stuff:yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

Since your baby is under a year, did you have the vet scrape to rule out mange? Are there any other spots on him ?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN Jewel and Bentley say hello.

I sorry to see/hear that Fiona has a skin issue. I am sorry that I cannot help as I do not have much experience in this area.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online