New vet - great guy - says Advantage, Advantix, Frontline are useless

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yep. Says it's been around too long it's now was effective as water on fleas. I thought that was the reason for Advantage II but he says that's just as useless... So, I got activyl because that's what he said to get.

I'm like okay... that's just fine. I haven't had any problems with fleas. Yard spray and ACV on the water plus the monthly Advantage has been working just fine... but then activyl was cheaper so...

Anyway, I can't believe this is one of those things that I just don't even want to bother to look up! I wouldn't be surprised if this is old news to you guys who are just so up on your toes on taking care of your wonderful bullies!

Okay... back to browsing your EB pictures...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great information, Anatess, thank you!

So great seeing a post from you, hope all is well with your kids & pack too.

I had not heard of Activyl, thankfully, do not have a flea issue & Cami is only
out to do her business than right back in, I really feel for all who have to battle
pests. Done that in the past, hard work & expensive!

kathyp12

Apr 14, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo
Seriously? Only those three are ineffective? I'm using Nexgard and I'm worried.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey lady!!! Hope all is well--- gonna look it up and ask my vet too, but i did notice he no longer sells any of those :ponder:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad to see you back!!!

I was using Advantage II on Wally to help prevent the demondex mange from returning, and it DID help for that. I don't even bother using flea/tick stuff, I just give my guys Sentinel and it's supposed to help w/fleas.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We are going the natural route fir fleas and ticks.I dont like the idea of all those chemicals for my babies..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] good to know, was about to buy another 6 month supply. How much ACV do you put in your bully's water? May take that route with Izzy.

Also, for the Houston folks we have an outbreak of fleas in all dog parks... saw on the news yesterday.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.