k3v0615

May 23, 2016
Country
Unites States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor
my bulldog has started randomly bleeding from his weewee. i googled and found out about urethra prolapsed but his thingy looks fine. its not swollen or anything just the tip looks red from blood. we changed him to Natures variety Salmon from Nature Balance Lamb about a week ago and this happen 4 days ago. i found another thread from a woman stating pretty much the same thing that she had changed to BLUE wilderness Salmon and her bully was also bleeding and even passed a stone. i feel like the food might be causing him stones or crystals.

any help. he pees fine most of the time but every now and then first just drips and then he pees fine.

any advice?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would most definedly take him to the vets right away. It can be many things, of which some can be life threatening

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
It is most likely internal bleeding. Take him to the vet and they can diagnose. Even though he is peeing he may have blockage.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I had a similar issue when Harvey was 10 mos. old. He was bleeding. The vet suggested to get him fix (neutered) to calm him down. The worst thing that could happen is that the bleeding could progress to a prolapse urethra. He did not have that "YET" so the vet suggested to fix him. Once he turned one, I had him neutered and never had further incident.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
my bulldog has started randomly bleeding from his weewee. i googled and found out about urethra prolapsed but his thingy looks fine. its not swollen or anything just the tip looks red from blood. we changed him to Natures variety Salmon from Nature Balance Lamb about a week ago and this happen 4 days ago. i found another thread from a woman stating pretty much the same thing that she had changed to BLUE wilderness Salmon and her bully was also bleeding and even passed a stone. i feel like the food might be causing him stones or crystals.

any help. he pees fine most of the time but every now and then first just drips and then he pees fine.

any advice?

Definitely take him to the vet! This happened to my bully a couple years ago and he ended up having bladder stones that they had to remove!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Additionally if it is stones you can take urine samples. Maybe if you can have him pee on a pad and see if he is passing any fragments.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vet appointment is necessary to determine the issue and then if a food change is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
This happened to Frank recently and the most likely cause was an enlarged prostate, which can cause further serious issues. It started off with just a few drips then got worse very quickly. He was neutered and hasn't had an issue since. Bleeding from the penis could also be due to a scratch or urinary stones if it it occurs when he is peeing. A vet visit would be the best bet to figure out the underlying cause. Keep us updated!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Everyone's given you great advice already, I agree a vet visit would be best to determine what is causing the bleeding.
He could also have a Bladder infection that would require antibiotics.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.