rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Greetings EBNers.

We all (the wife, Bentley of course, and Jewel) went to see the vet for Bentley's follow-up and suture removal. Bentley is three-weeks post-op from TPLO knee surgery to repair his partially torn ACL. Dr. P. said Bentley is mending well and took out his staples. The incision looks good and has healed well. There are a few red spots on the site but that is to be expected. At least there is no oozing of any green or yellow discharge from the site.

As far as Bentley's seroma...it has gotten bigger, Dr. P. has said it would get worse before it gets better (which has occurred in my book). The seroma was the about the size of a golf ball during our visit on Memorial Day. Now a week later, it is the size of a tennis ball. It kind of reminds me of a water bed in his leg. Dr. P is still not concerned with this and he said you risk the chance of infection if it was drained. We are to continue the warm compresses to the seroma three times a day. Dr. P said it should go down before his next visit in three weeks for xrays and follow-up and the evaluation for increasing Bentley to walking a little more.

We are glad all is well and Bentley is on the mend. :whew:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Life with a bulldog sure is like riding a roller coaster!

Thank you for your update, Roger, I was getting anxious looking
for one on Bentley, so grateful he's mending well and your Vet is
happy with his progress.

Cami & I send hugs, kisses & continued prayers the seroma goes
down without issue & soon. God bless y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good to hear he is progressing nicely... 3 wks down--- [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Life with a bulldog sure is like riding a roller coaster!

Thank you for your update, Roger, I was getting anxious looking
for one on Bentley, so grateful he's mending well and your Vet is
happy with his progress.

Cami & I send hugs, kisses & continued prayers the seroma goes
down without issue & soon. God bless y'all.

Well Carol, I am going to fore warn you that when we go to Texas to see family, we are going to stop by for a short visit (i.e. move in) and see you and Cami. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

What I need to do is make a trip up the way and meet/visit [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] as well.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well Carol, I am going to fore warn you that when we go to Texas to see family, we are going to stop by for a short visit (i.e. move in) and see you and Cami. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. What I need to do is make a trip up the way and meet/visit [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] as well.

Well...come on down, Roger ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online