General Question When will Ralph's hair grow back?

RubyandRalph

May 30, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Hello!

i found your fab forum after a Google search, and was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice.

Our lovely dog, Ralph, had a lateral suture op a month or so ago and our vet reassured us that his hair would return pretty quickly, however only a very small patch has returned.

Although it's spring here in England, Ralph seems to be shivering a lot and we're wondering whether he might be cold without hair on one leg.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Ruby and Ralph x

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is doubtful that Ralph is cold. Shivering can be a sign of pain, or fever/infection. I would take him in to see your vet,and have him checked out @RubyandRalph

th

OP
RubyandRalph

RubyandRalph

May 30, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Hi [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], thanks for the advice - I'll ring the vets first thing!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I love your dogs name. Very classy. All my hair left me when I first got married.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Walter had a bald patch from demondex mange, and after his treatments it took some time for his hair to grow back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello!

i found your fab forum after a Google search, and was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice.

Our lovely dog, Ralph, had a lateral suture op a month or so ago and our vet reassured us that his hair would return pretty quickly, however only a very small patch has returned.

Although it's spring here in England, Ralph seems to be shivering a lot and we're wondering whether he might be cold without hair on one leg.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Ruby and Ralph x

Any update?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Wondering what the vet says?

Castor had his chest shaved before soft palate surgery and it took several months to grow back completely. That was in November so he was without fur on his chest over the winter but he didn't seem to be cold.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, it will take a little while for his hair to grow back. Hope he doesn't have an infection going on. Please keep us updated. :)

Pennyblossom

Mar 4, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny and Bristol
I agree with above posters, Bristol had surgery and it has taken forever for the hair to grow in but she has not shivered or shaked I hope the vet is able to provide some insight.

OP
RubyandRalph

RubyandRalph

May 30, 2016
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Hi all,

Thank you for all of your posts!

It's great to hear from other people about their experiences with this kind of thing!

The vet wasn't too sure but has said it's not an infection and he doesn't have a temperature, however thankfully the shivering does appear to have stopped!

Hopefully it was just a bit of cold or something and it has gone now - we're keep a close eye on him and I'll keep you updated of any change!

Best wishes,
Rx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.