SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Hi,

I'm having a hard time finding professional opinions online. Ok, makes sense, tennis balls are bad for teeth, that's everywhere. Are Kong tennis balls bad too?

Thx...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Why would tennis balls be bad for teeth? My dogs always had tennis balls. All had great teeth. The real ones not the cheap ones. Make sure once they are broken they go in the garage. They did have other toys.

OP
SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Google it. They're abrasive. Maybe your dogs aren't chewers. Check their canines - see if they're pointy or shaved off...

Why would tennis balls be bad for teeth? My dogs always had tennis balls. All had great teeth. The real ones not the cheap ones. Make sure once they are broken they go in the garage. They did have other toys.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
That's why i hardly let my boy play tennis balls. Chuck it balls are good.
they are light and durable. I especially like the one that whistles.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Google it. They're abrasive. Maybe your dogs aren't chewers. Check their canines - see if they're pointy or shaved off...

All dogs ive own since a child mostly big dogs all had beautiful white teeth and non abrasive. Maybe one or 2 was a bit round when they were 10 to 14 yrs old but they were sure all intact and solid. They didn't have only tennis balls as they didn't last long. Vets would tell me "good job on brushing their teeth" pfffft, I never brushed any of my dogs teeth. I always gave them frozen bones with marrow, balls of all sorts mostly soccer balls and rubber toy as rubber removes tart. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Interesting,,, never heard this and my guys have beautiful teeth too--- my vet always comments on the good condition--- gonna ask my vet next tome we are in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Interesting,,, never heard this and my guys have beautiful teeth too--- my vet always comments on the good condition--- gonna ask my vet next tome we are in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do and let me know, much appreciated... I'm expecting him/her to say conventional tennis are bad. Makes sense that Kong tennis balls are ok...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online