Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi All,

I noticed this morning when I got up to get ready for work that Boris is limping pretty badly with his front right leg. He scurried over quickly for food, but I could tell something was bothering him. We know his rear hips are garbage, but were told his front hips look good when we had him tested for HD. I'm going to give it a couple days before I bring him into the Vet. Really hoping he didn't hurt himself running hot laps around the house after we gave him a bath :(

Any recommendations? We have him in his thundershirt to keep him mellowed out, but am not sure if I should give him anything to help.

Thanks,

Matt

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes.... keep him calm and only leashed exercise (short walks) if possible. Is there any swelling on the leg at all?

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Yes.... keep him calm and only leashed exercise (short walks) if possible. Is there any swelling on the leg at all?

There is no swelling that I can see or feel. I've been unable to get any sort of reaction from him when I put pressure on different parts of his leg and shoulder.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There is no swelling that I can see or feel. I've been unable to get any sort of reaction from him when I put pressure on different parts of his leg and shoulder.

Give it 3 days of rest, if he does not show any signs of getting better then make a vet appointment. he does put the paw on the floor and walk on it, right? just limping?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Give it 3 days of rest, if he does not show any signs of getting better then make a vet appointment. he does put the paw on the floor and walk on it, right? just limping?

Agree, give it about 3 days or so to see if you notice any improvement. He may have just pulled a muscle or something. Warm compresses do well, but keep them short, bc they can get hot depending on what you use. And some soft massaging of the area too ;)

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco

Yeah he's stepping on his paw and applying weight, but you can tell its not comfortable for him.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah he's stepping on his paw and applying weight, but you can tell its not comfortable for him.

Good... Some weight and placing paw on floor is better than nit doing either

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I hope it is nothing serious. You also might want to limit his activity as well. Of course I am a couple of days late to this dance....I hope he is better now.

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Yeah we've been limiting his activity a bunch and hes improved quite a bit but still has a small limp. Our friend that's a Vet came by and thinks he may have bruised a muscle or pulled one. She said to limit his activity and watch him close for a few more days before we go in and gave us some pain killers.

https://youtu.be/SQVWtCkyRqM

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear he is progressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BREWBADGER

Mar 5, 2016
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vader and Reya
Vader got a limp on his right front leg. We are battling a mange spot on his head and it was time for a check up at the vet.
Couple of days held out of daycare, pain relief liquid, couple of days, much better. No limp... Now if I could get his spots to clear up...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Glad Boris is improving, definitely think he'll be good in a few days with rest & limited activity! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.