I just dropped Bertie off at the vet!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I just got back from dropping Bertie off at the vet clinic. My god, it was like leaving a child on the first day of school...she has never been away from me since I got her, so I leave her and I'm the one in tears!!!! The poor thing is getting surgery today for the cherry eye, elongated soft pallet and also stenotic nares. My poor little girl will probably never want to go back to the vet's office ever again. The vet is supposed to call me after her surgery...he said she will be there at least for 3 hours after surgery.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I pray for all good results. Hope she has a nice and easy recovery. A lot to handle in one sitting....:(

I think Jesse has a blockage so she may be having surgery too, we are both SCARED TO DEATH!!! (not Jesse- but mommy & daddy are)

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, Bertie came through her surgeries just fine! When I picked her up at the clinic, they gave her a certificate for being such a brave little girl! I really really really love this vet!!! I had to keep her separated from my other dog...cause when they are together, she gets too worked up and plays too rough. He had me to give her only a small amount of food and she about knocked me down to get it...the poor thing was so hungry from not having anything after 10 pm Thursday. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I hope she doesn't give me a problem taking the antibiotic. It's hard enough trying to put the ointment in her eye...she does not like it and it's a really fast moving target trying to get it in her eye.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Thank you for the update. Glad to hear it all went so well. Bullies are so funny, ready to tackle about anything even after surgery.

Wrap the antibiotic in a peice of cheese, I always do that and they love it..... also try going from behind her to get the ointment in her eye instead. Reach one arm under her chin to stablize her head and use the other to open the eye while doing the ointment at the same time, yes, both in one hand. Sounds harder than it is... :p

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
I guess I'm just being too careful with her. I'm scared to grab her face too much...eye is swollen, nose has stitches on the inside and then the soft pallet....I'm scared I'm gonna hurt her! You know how us parents are with our babies!!!!

Attachments

• Toby.jpg
    Toby.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20160912_130122.jpg
    20160912_130122.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20160910_191025 edit.jpg
    20160910_191025 edit.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 104

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Well, Bertie came through her surgeries just fine! When I picked her up at the clinic, they gave her a certificate for being such a brave little girl! I really really really love this vet!!! I had to keep her separated from my other dog...cause when they are together, she gets too worked up and plays too rough. He had me to give her only a small amount of food and she about knocked me down to get it...the poor thing was so hungry from not having anything after 10 pm Thursday. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I hope she doesn't give me a problem taking the antibiotic. It's hard enough trying to put the ointment in her eye...she does not like it and it's a really fast moving target trying to get it in her eye.

Ooh.. so happy for you both!! I hear ya on the "just about knocked me down to get it" with the food thing.. Chester doesn't even have to have gone without food for an extended period of time, he'll bulldoze right through as soon as he hears the closet door open where I keep his food. I need to teach this boy some manners! :p

silfida

Apr 1, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulldog(s) Names
Alexander & Moira
I'm glad that your girl is so brave and everything is ok with her surgery. :D
My male will have elongated soft pallet surgery next Thursday. I will stay in the vet's office because I cant leave him alone. He starts to cry when he is waking from the anesthesia and bothering the other dogs in the clinic. He needs me to be there when he opens his eyes.

Attachments

• DSC_0166.JPG
    DSC_0166.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0171.JPG
    DSC_0171.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0173.JPG
    DSC_0173.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0176.JPG
    DSC_0176.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0179.JPG
    DSC_0179.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0182.JPG
    DSC_0182.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0183.JPG
    DSC_0183.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0193.JPG
    DSC_0193.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 96
OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
I have been trying to keep her in her crate more...cause I know in my heart that something is gonna happen if I let her out with my cocker spaniel Dexter. They just play so rough...They don't want to hurt each other, but I just don't want to take a chance for a couple days. I don't know...maybe I'm being too cautious.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.