It's Bentley's Turn

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So happy to hear that Bentley is doing so well! As for you @rjisaterp I don't believe there is any hope-you is whut you is. I for one am happy about that,too. Wish you were here(to fix this computer.....) all I can do is :rain::bang::bat::cursing::yell:Nobody to show me how to use it. Totally different than the rock and axe that I had before. This world has left me behind,and kicked it,too!

Don't forget your abacus or your slide rule.

Well did you enjoy my little computer wooing poem? And yes I am what I am. But you know...when I am not in my right mind, my left side is pretty full.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO sorry I have missed this entire thread… I have been on jury duty, and then we went on a quick trip over the weekend.

I'm glad that Bentley went thru the surgery well, and I hope he continues to recover as it looks like he has a long road ahead of him.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I'm SO sorry I have missed this entire thread… I have been on jury duty, and then we went on a quick trip over the weekend.

I'm glad that Bentley went thru the surgery well, and I hope he continues to recover as it looks like he has a long road ahead of him.

Thank you Tracey. We are having routine issues with eating but that is about it. I know the meds are messing with his eating as well. We only have a couple more days of meds. Bentley is pissed that his movement is contained to a crate, pen, or on a leash for potty breaks.

I hope some of this thread put a smile on your face. How is my friend Walter doing?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you Tracey. We are having routine issues with eating but that is about it. I know the meds are messing with his eating as well. We only have a couple more days of meds. Bentley is pissed that his movement is contained to a crate, pen, or on a leash for potty breaks.

I hope some of this thread put a smile on your face. How is my friend Walter doing?

Walter is doing great… he is very loving and sweet (like before) and he's only having a couple of episodes a day. We are really seeing an improvement w/his behavior… Thanks for asking!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter is doing great… he is very loving and sweet (like before) and he's only having a couple of episodes a day. We are really seeing an improvement w/his behavior… Thanks for asking!
That's great to hear. Hope continues to improve.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley update as of 5/31/2016.

Greetings EBNers. I hope that the Memorial Day weekend was nice for all that it applies. I did see the news last night and our friends in Texas are still getting hit with rain. Is anyone building an arch? I am sending prayers your way that all is OK.

Well out Bentley developed a large sac of fluid on the inside of his leg. Our reading on the subject confirmed that he is having too much activity. My wife called the vet on Saturday and they said to put heat on it three times a day. My dx (short for diagnosis) is a seroma. A seroma is a serous fluid filled sac that happens after surgery. On Monday the wife called and we made an appointment to be seen at the surgical center that performed the knee surgery. Lucky for us, Dr. P who did the surgery was on call. Dr. P confirmed this and said that they did not want to drain the sac because the body will absorb the fluid over time also is they were to use a needle to drain the seroma there would be a chance of infection. Dr. P also confirmed that Bentley's knee surgery is intact which took a huge load off of our shoulders as we thought just the opposite. Jewel was glad to see Dr. P as she again gave him kisses. Bentley's sutures will come out next week. The amazing thing was Dr. P said there was no charge for the visit.

Bentley is eating but is really pampered by the wife with hand feeding the little crap. Boy is he milking this to the hilt...smart boy he is. We still have another 10 weeks to go and I do hope we will survive this escapade.

Everyone's positive thoughts and prayers has helped our Bentley/family get through this. For that I am extremely grateful...THANKS!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bentley update as of 5/31/2016.

Greetings EBNers. I hope that the Memorial Day weekend was nice for all that it applies. I did see the news last night and our friends in Texas are still getting hit with rain. Is anyone building an arch? I am sending prayers your way that all is OK.

Well out Bentley developed a large sac of fluid on the inside of his leg. Our reading on the subject confirmed that he is having too much activity. My wife called the vet on Saturday and they said to put heat on it three times a day. My dx (short for diagnosis) is a seroma. A seroma is a serous fluid filled sac that happens after surgery. On Monday the wife called and we made an appointment to be seen at the surgical center that performed the knee surgery. Lucky for us, Dr. P who did the surgery was on call. Dr. P confirmed this and said that they did not want to drain the sac because the body will absorb the fluid over time also is they were to use a needle to drain the seroma there would be a chance of infection. Dr. P also confirmed that Bentley's knee surgery is intact which took a huge load off of our shoulders as we thought just the opposite. Jewel was glad to see Dr. P as she again gave him kisses. Bentley's sutures will come out next week. The amazing thing was Dr. P said there was no charge for the visit.

Bentley is eating but is really pampered by the wife with hand feeding the little crap. Boy is he milking this to the hilt...smart boy he is. We still have another 10 weeks to go and I do hope we will survive this escapade.

Everyone's positive thoughts and prayers has helped our Bentley/family get through this. For that I am extremely grateful...THANKS!

UGH -- what a long road! Keeping them calm is so, so hard to do.... I hope you guys had a great holiday weekend and enjoyed some of the nice, but hot, weather.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor Bentley,poor Daddy. It sure is a long haul for all(Mommy,too) Glad to hear that he is making progress,and the fluid is nothing too serious. Prayers are still being sent you way,I hope you know that you all! [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION]

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
UGH -- what a long road! Keeping them calm is so, so hard to do.... I hope you guys had a great holiday weekend and enjoyed some of the nice, but hot, weather.

Yes for the most part the holiday was nice. Against the wishes of my doctor (post injection instructions) I took advantage of late Saturday and early Sunday and put in two raised 2'x12' beds for asparagus. Of course we had to bring Bentley's pen out in the shade of the yard so he could supervise me on the raised bed project. I tell you...supervisors are just like diapers...they hang on your fanny perpendicular and are usually full of crap. It got to the point I had to play my union card to the little guy despite being in a pen or not. Jewel just walked all over my handy work and laid down in the shade. Their presence was short lived though as the humidity kind of creeped on you. I also worked on the herb garden.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Those supervisors worked you hard ... Stinkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online