It's Bentley's Turn

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good morning EBN. Bentley update as of 5/22/2016.

Bentley is doing great. Eating, taking meds, and voiding well. Bentley's meds include an antibiotic once a day, Carprofen (NSAID) twice a day with food, and Tramadol three times a day. As previously mentioned, he was vomiting when taking his meds and on the advice of the vet...we skipped a cycle to get his tummy in order and when he woke up...he went straight for Jewel's food and scarfed it down before he went out to pee. Bentley's first poop came on Friday afternoon which was like a bowl of melted ice cream. To combat this, we have been giving him fat free yogurt 2-3 a day with his BM's turning much more firm. His diet is soft with canned boned chicken breast and softened kibble (Fromm Pork and Applesauce) with unsalted chicken broth.

We are limiting Bentley's activity by placing him in a pen during the day and in his crate at night. He is only allowed out to pee and poo and had an extended outside stay on his leash for a change of scenery and some fresh air on Friday which was a great weather day here in the Mid-Atlantic (yesterday and today we have light rain). We are doing stretching exercises 3 times a day.

I want to thank everyone again for your prayers, thoughts, and well-wishes as they surely helped in his road to recovery....THANX! --rj

Great update.... a little progress each day! continued prayers an positive thoughts to you all

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh, [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I am so happy to hear that Bentley is doing so well. :D I know you haven't noticed, but I have been missing for a few. My computer died(thought I would go first) and now I have a different one. I guess it's like having a new husband,cause I can't figure it out:wtf:Nobody 'splained nuttin! So be sure to miss me, and I AM sending prayers for Bentley Boy. dog warning.jpg

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh, @rjisaterp I am so happy to hear that Bentley is doing so well. :D I know you haven't noticed, but I have been missing for a few. My computer died(thought I would go first) and now I have a different one. I guess it's like having a new husband,cause I can't figure it out:wtf:Nobody 'splained nuttin! So be sure to miss me, and I AM sending prayers for Bentley Boy. View attachment 98588

Hi Lynn...I mentioned you in a few posts. I was wondering why you were MIA then I thought....Hmmm....awe she is probably with some boy toy. :yes:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Only DOG toys around this place. Sorry, I can't make you jealous,you blonde bimbo!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] despite your name calling, I still admire you. I don't care if dog toys is a euphemism for boy toys...everybody is entitled to being happy or even "satisfied" with life.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh @Manydogs despite your name calling, I still admire you. I don't care if dog toys is a euphemism for boy toys...everybody is entitled to being happy or even "satisfied" with life.

Maybe [MENTION=8888]Jersey[/MENTION] will give you a run for your money. Heck, she'll probably be perturbed for dragging her into this conversation.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
C'mon [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I am lost in space,can't figure this #$@^! fangled computer out! I am so mad that I ran over the (never had one,anyway,I swear)"boy toy" and now he looks like Gumby-even a green tint. I would nev er run over Pokey! And as the genius aka the tongue has said, "I can't get no satisfaction"

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
C'mon @rjisaterp I am lost in space,can't figure this #$@^! fangled computer out! I am so mad that I ran over the (never had one,anyway,I swear)"boy toy" and now he looks like Gumby-even a green tint. I would nev er run over Pokey! And as the genius aka the tongue has said, "I can't get no satisfaction"

Hey Lynn! I think one of your pets...(you know, the blonde one), got loose and is running amuck on EBN.
Sorry to hear about Gumby.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
C'mon @rjisaterp I am lost in space, can't figure this #$@^! fangled computer out! I am so mad that I ran over the (never had one, anyway, I swear)"boy toy" and now he looks like Gumby-even a green tint. I would never run over Pokey! And as the genius aka the tongue has said, "I can't get no satisfaction"

You must be blonde as well. Let me guess...You opened the box, pulled out the computer, plugged it in and you immediately got on the Web and hooked up to EBN. You did not read the instructions or familiarize yourself with the computer. So you too would have a problem with live chat. Take it from me as I am an H.P.C. computer operator.

In order to ease the pain and discomfort you are experiencing with your computer, here is something for you my dearest....a poem to woo you a little. But I always remember that candy is dandy but liquor is quicker. So let the Wooing begin.......

A computer was something on TV
From a science-fiction show of note.
A window was something you hated to clean
And ram was the father of a goat.
Meg was the name of my girlfriend (not Lynn of course she was a girl from my past)
And a gig was a job for the night.
Now they all mean quite different things
And that really megabytes.

An application was for employment,
A program was a TV show,
A cursor used profanity,
And a keyboard was a piano.

Memory was something you lost with age,
A CD was a bank account
And if you had a 3 inch floppy
You hoped nobody found out.

Compress was something you did to garbage,
Not something you did to a file.
And if you unzipped anything in public
You'd be in jail for a while.

Log on was adding wood to the fire,
Hard drive was a long Edsel trip of road. ( I used this car to send you back a little)
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived
And a backup happened to your commode.

Cut you did with a pocketknife,
Paste you did with glue.
A web was what the spiders spun
And a virus, well that was the flu.

I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper
And the memory in my head
For I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash
But when it happens, they wish they were dead!

TA-DA!

Now as far as the green tinted whatever, that is not me as I have red blood.... the green tinted whatever well that sounds alien to me. A-L-I-E-N!

Mick baby has been around for quite a while he has but for me...just "Paint It Black" and "Gimme Shelter." STONES DUDE!!!!!!!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey Lynn! I think one of your pets...(you know, the blonde one), got loose and is running amuck on EBN.
Sorry to hear about Gumby.

Oh no! Help me Mister Bill...Jersey's Mom is the new Mr. Sluggo. Help me Mister Bill.

I'm a pet...Well women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut...and still think they are sexy.

Woops...phase in intellect....Sorry about that it was my medication for my back pain.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley update as of 5/24/2016.

We have completed 1 week of post-op with Bentley. His incision site looks good no redness or inflammation and no discharge. The hematoma (bruise) on his leg is subsiding. He is still taking the antibiotic and 2 pain meds. My wife wants to stop the Carprofen because it is messing with Bentley's stomach and the fact that he does not want to eat again as of yesterday. My wife has been hand feeding him. I said to my wife that we ought to take Bentley upstairs to eat. This is what I did with Jewel last Saturday and she had no problem eating. Because of Bentley's surgery, we are staying on the lower level of the house and that is not what BJ and JJ normally eat. Since the surgery, their worlds have been turned upside down. This is not routine for them and I would like to carry Bentley upstairs to eat and put some sense of normalness into a routine.

I have been quite shocked on how much Bentley is able to walk so soon after his surgery. With Jewel, she did not put any weight on her hind leg for at least 3 weeks post-op. We are still limiting his walking using his leash and harness to going outside to potty then back into the house.

If anybody has any suggestions to make Bentley's recovery faster...I am all ears.

Again, I want to thank all of the EBN family for their prayers, well-wishes, positive vibes and good thoughts. Without them, I think we would not be where we are today with Bentley's recovery. THANX!

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Oh no! Help me Mister Bill...Jersey's Mom is the new Mr. Sluggo. Help me Mister Bill.

I'm a pet...Well women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut...and still think they are sexy.

Woops...phase in intellect....Sorry about that it was my medication for my back pain.

Please seek medical intervention. :doctor:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
So happy to hear that Bentley is doing so well! As for you [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I don't believe there is any hope-you is whut you is. I for one am happy about that,too. Wish you were here(to fix this computer.....) all I can do is :rain::bang::bat::cursing::yell:Nobody to show me how to use it. Totally different than the rock and axe that I had before. This world has left me behind,and kicked it,too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bentley update as of 5/24/2016.

We have completed 1 week of post-op with Bentley. His incision site looks good no redness or inflammation and no discharge. The hematoma (bruise) on his leg is subsiding. He is still taking the antibiotic and 2 pain meds. My wife wants to stop the Carprofen because it is messing with Bentley's stomach and the fact that he does not want to eat again as of yesterday. My wife has been hand feeding him. I said to my wife that we ought to take Bentley upstairs to eat. This is what I did with Jewel last Saturday and she had no problem eating. Because of Bentley's surgery, we are staying on the lower level of the house and that is not what BJ and JJ normally eat. Since the surgery, their worlds have been turned upside down. This is not routine for them and I would like to carry Bentley upstairs to eat and put some sense of normalness into a routine.

I have been quite shocked on how much Bentley is able to walk so soon after his surgery. With Jewel, she did not put any weight on her hind leg for at least 3 weeks post-op. We are still limiting his walking using his leash and harness to going outside to potty then back into the house.

If anybody has any suggestions to make Bentley's recovery faster...I am all ears.

Again, I want to thank all of the EBN family for their prayers, well-wishes, positive vibes and good thoughts. Without them, I think we would not be where we are today with Bentley's recovery. THANX!

it is not a bad idea to carry him and let him eat where he is comfortable... it may help lift his spirit too. Are they doing any laser therapy with him that could speed up recovery time too

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
it is not a bad idea to carry him and let him eat where he is comfortable... it may help lift his spirit too. Are they doing any laser therapy with him that could speed up recovery time too

Thanks...We took Bentley upstairs last evening and he did not eat like we thought he would. I guess the too many changes is messing with his OCD. He does eat when the wife gives him the canned boned chicken. Her thoughts is that his soft palate is still bothering him. I gave Bentley a puppy cookie/biscuit and he ate it and swallowed without a problem. So I am thinking we have to get into a routine and stick with it. AS I have said many times , Bentley is Mr. OCD...he even barks at the air when it is out of place.

On a side note: It will be a 4-day weekend for us as I am getting my back injected on Friday and taking it easy the weekend. Hopefully, we can get into a routine soon and he will come around. This morning Jewel didn't want to eat upstairs this morning and she came back downstairs to see what Bentley and I were up to. I marched her back upstairs and she finally ate.

Lifting his spirits are done with the puppy massage. I walk in the door in the evening and Bentley starts barking to come and see him because he knows I will give him a massage or I will brush him or both. He's a pistol he is. Eleven weeks to go. Two to get his staples out and five weeks to his 6-week evaluation with x-rays.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.