It's Bentley's Turn

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:whew: good to see he is eating and keeping it all down.... It is a grueling recovery fir all so the prayers will continue till we know he is fully recovered.

PS. Stock up on the cigars--/ do not need you running out.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I got a re-stock this past week. Thank goodness I have a covered porch to fend off the rain we will be getting this weekend.

We will also be enjoying the Preakness on TV this afternoon/evening as well.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So glad to hear that Bentley is keeping his food and meds down! The omelette sounds wonderful, the cigar does too! Prayers for continued appetite and whining... and the speedy return of Mom and Dad's sanity!!

Thank you. I'll have a cigar for you and Jersey.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Since you are an hour ahead, I know you have arrived at the hosp. and picking up Bentley. Welcome home Bentley,and I just know all will be well with your recovery!!:pray::yes:

Thanks for the well-wishes Lynn. The Vet hospital was in shock when I walked in wearing my red speedo. :w00t:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugs to Bentley and family!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery! Welcome home sweet little boy, rest and recover in your family's loving arms...

Thank you Jersey and Susan...the prayers worked. We're on our way to recovery.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad to hear all is well Roger , sorry so late .
Prayers sent for a quick recovery and to go slow

Thanks Nat. Your prayers were answered and Bentley is doing much better.

Again thanks.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ummmm...... Did I miss something here???

If you laughed...then you did not miss anything.

I am just [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] (Lynn's) ___________. (Please fill in the blank). I'll start...minion

Lynn and I exchange innuendos from time to time. Hope this helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
If you laughed...then you did not miss anything.

I am just @Manydogs (Lynn's) ___________. (Please fill in the blank). I'll start...minion

Lynn and I exchange innuendos from time to time. Hope this helps.

Hahaha!!! Understood. That post prompted this ad...

XptWtAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Oh Snap! Guess it won't copy... it was a Speedo ad...

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How's our trooper today?

He is eating, taking his meds, and out to potty. Appreciate your prayers and well wishes. With all that has been said...Tincture of Time is the best medicine.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good morning EBN. Bentley update as of 5/22/2016.

Bentley is doing great. Eating, taking meds, and voiding well. Bentley's meds include an antibiotic once a day, Carprofen (NSAID) twice a day with food, and Tramadol three times a day. As previously mentioned, he was vomiting when taking his meds and on the advice of the vet...we skipped a cycle to get his tummy in order and when he woke up...he went straight for Jewel's food and scarfed it down before he went out to pee. Bentley's first poop came on Friday afternoon which was like a bowl of melted ice cream. To combat this, we have been giving him fat free yogurt 2-3 a day with his BM's turning much more firm. His diet is soft with canned boned chicken breast and softened kibble (Fromm Pork and Applesauce) with unsalted chicken broth.

We are limiting Bentley's activity by placing him in a pen during the day and in his crate at night. He is only allowed out to pee and poo and had an extended outside stay on his leash for a change of scenery and some fresh air on Friday which was a great weather day here in the Mid-Atlantic (yesterday and today we have light rain). We are doing stretching exercises 3 times a day.

I want to thank everyone again for your prayers, thoughts, and well-wishes as they surely helped in his road to recovery....THANX! --rj

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.