Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hugs to Bentley and family!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery! Welcome home sweet little boy, rest and recover in your family's loving arms...

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We have Bentley home and we had the downstairs prepared for him but he could not get comfortable and he won't eat yet. He did not eat for the vet either. We took him upstairs and the little Crap took a Peter pan on up on the couch before I could get to him. However he is now sleeping with the wife holding on to the harness in case he tries it again. We finally got Jewel to eat. I think this is a chapter out of Walters book.

Dr. P said to call if he does not eat. I think he'll eat after he naps.

Again thanks for prayers and good vibes. Still need a couple more so he will eat.

e92fcb79880bd37e6309a2f4a2f9769c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Poor baby! He's probably exhausted and in some discomfort. Tyson didn't eat or drink the first day after surgery. So I wouldn't worry too much. Day by day he'll get better and I'm sure he's so happy to be home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Poor baby! He's probably exhausted and in some discomfort. Tyson didn't eat or drink the first day after surgery. So I wouldn't worry too much. Day by day he'll get better and I'm sure he's so happy to be home!

Yes I think your right. We w r nt through this with Jewel 2 years ago. Tincture of Time. Best medicine in the world.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Only saw this now - great to hear surgery went well and that Bentley's back home again! As long as they drink, not eating isn't a problem - that's what they say, isn't it? If he had soft palate surgery, he may very well feel queasy for some time. Castor got some med to stop the queasiness. Best wishes to the little patient!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I slept all day (rainy here & in pain) but I prayed over Bentley
before & after I woke up then checking in...so grateful he is
home and seems well. Sending much love to each of you :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wow, just reading this now. Sure glad our little trooper made momma n papa proud.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have Bentley home and we had the downstairs prepared for him but he could not get comfortable and he won't eat yet. He did not eat for the vet either. We took him upstairs and the little Crap took a Peter pan on up on the couch before I could get to him. However he is now sleeping with the wife holding on to the harness in case he tries it again. We finally got Jewel to eat. I think this is a chapter out of Walters book.

Dr. P said to call if he does not eat. I think he'll eat after he naps.

Again thanks for prayers and good vibes. Still need a couple more so he will eat.

e92fcb79880bd37e6309a2f4a2f9769c.jpg

Sweet boy! I LOVE the tag to his harness.... lol! Continued prayers for a quick recovery and for Mom/dad to keep their sanity during the process.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so happy that he's home!!! Much better recovery when he feels safe and loved!!!

Joey and I sending bully hugs AND APPETITE !!!! Can't wait for the post that says HE'S EATING!!!!

Prayers.......

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sweet boy! I LOVE the tag to his harness.... lol! Continued prayers for a quick recovery and for Mom/dad to keep their sanity during the process.

Greetings. Thank you very much; however, my sanity is gone.

It has been a grueling 72 hours. Bentley would not eat and of course one of the meds they gave us requires food. Bentley would not eat and had no interest in food or water for 48 hours and anything he ate came back up including the water. Of course the wife started going into full concern mode and called the vet. They told us to discontinue his meds and we chilled the rest of the evening. The following morning (yesterday) Bentley went over to Jewel's bowl that had some boned chicken and kibble in it and he gobbled it down (Amen) before we could get him outside for his morning pee. We got his antibiotic in him and a pain pill. Everything stayed down and I knew we were on our road to recovery. At lunch, I made a cheese omlette for him coupled with his softened kibble (used unsalted chicken broth) and some boned chicken which he scarfed down. We then gave him the med Carprofen which requires a full tummy which also stayed down.

We are doing stretching exercises 3 times a day as well as using ice after the stretches. The icing stops today. I guess the moving to go pee caused some bleeding as he has a hematoma on the inside of his upper leg. We are keeping him in a pen and he is only allowed to come out to go potty. Since yesterday was a gorgeous day compared to today here in the Mid-Atlantic, I had Bentley outside where he laid like a very good boy taking in some rays while I enjoyed a relief cigar. We went back into the house afterwards.

This morning, Bentley's appetite is back and now he is whining because he is in a pen and most definitely wants out. Sorry bub.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I slept all day (rainy here & in pain) but I prayed over Bentley
before & after I woke up then checking in...so grateful he is
home and seems well. Sending much love to each of you :)

Thank you. Raining here today and tomorrow. We hope you are feeling better.:yes:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so happy that he's home!!! Much better recovery when he feels safe and loved!!!

Joey and I sending bully hugs AND APPETITE !!!! Can't wait for the post that says HE'S EATING!!!!

Prayers.......

Thank you so much. Your well wishes as well as all of the well wishes are working as he is now eating and starting to become the Bentley we know. Now he is whining to get out of his pen (he sleeps in his crate at night).

Again thanks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: good to see he is eating and keeping it all down.... It is a grueling recovery fir all so the prayers will continue till we know he is fully recovered.

PS. Stock up on the cigars--/ do not need you running out

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Greetings. Thank you very much; however, my sanity is gone.

It has been a grueling 72 hours. Bentley would not eat and of course one of the meds they gave us requires food. Bentley would not eat and had no interest in food or water for 48 hours and anything he ate came back up including the water. Of course the wife started going into full concern mode and called the vet. They told us to discontinue his meds and we chilled the rest of the evening. The following morning (yesterday) Bentley went over to Jewel's bowl that had some boned chicken and kibble in it and he gobbled it down (Amen) before we could get him outside for his morning pee. We got his antibiotic in him and a pain pill. Everything stayed down and I knew we were on our road to recovery. At lunch, I made a cheese omlette for him coupled with his softened kibble (used unsalted chicken broth) and some boned chicken which he scarfed down. We then gave him the med Carprofen which requires a full tummy which also stayed down.

We are doing stretching exercises 3 times a day as well as using ice after the stretches. The icing stops today. I guess the moving to go pee caused some bleeding as he has a hematoma on the inside of his upper leg. We are keeping him in a pen and he is only allowed to come out to go potty. Since yesterday was a gorgeous day compared to today here in the Mid-Atlantic, I had Bentley outside where he laid like a very good boy taking in some rays while I enjoyed a relief cigar. We went back into the house afterwards.

This morning, Bentley's appetite is back and now he is whining because he is in a pen and most definitely wants out. Sorry bub.

So glad to hear that Bentley is keeping his food and meds down! The omelette sounds wonderful, the cigar does too! Prayers for continued appetite and whining... and the speedy return of Mom and Dad's sanity!!

Most Reactions