helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dog/Cat)
Irritated skin, dry flaky skin, damaged skin ā€“ supports healthy skin cells/regeneration

In 8 oz (1 cup) container with lid....

1 cup solid VIRGIN organic cold pressed coconut oil (warm just enough to soften)
8 drops Frankincense
8 drops Lavender
4 drops Geranium
2 drops Helichrysum

Blend altogether and store in container. Apply small amount to problem area 2-3X a day

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So out of nowhere just before Xmas i started a build up of mucus. Little drips in the back of my throat ended up as a cold. Lungs were great, breathing great but alway that little ball stuck in the back of my throat. X-rays of sinuses, throat n chest all good. Nothing wrong! :detective2: :tapfoot: Doctor said need to open up your airways n gave me a puffer n nasal thingy. Well really didnā€™t go away. Mind you Iā€™m not a medicine taker. I started to sleep with a full time diffuser in my bedroom. Worked n cleared all. So I stopped using the diffuser 24/7 in the bedroom only as itā€™s on for the whole house most of the day....anyhoo...A week ago all came back in one shot, coughing my brains out that my lungs are in pain, dripping in the back throat, ball of mucus stuck again, feverish but slightly, body pain etc... went to the same walk-in clinic as you canā€™t get a doctor these days, saw same doctor, hmmmm....n trust me, for I to go see a doctor I better be either fed up or crawling as I never get sick....he listens to my lungs n all n says I need to stop smoking! :w00t: I look at him and said I never smoke a day in my life!! He insisted I am. Like do I smack him now or later? He realizes I was saying the truth then say well you have very sticky lung sound. My lungs felt great and no pain but just from the coughing which probably only pull some muscles. I can breathe ok. So he tells me to buy cough drops n cough syrup to break the mucus up. Like ā€œ:wtf: you go all these years to med school to tell a patient that?

Today I went back to see another doctor hoping has more brains than this idiot from yesterday. He examines me and said your lungs are very clear n no sticky sound. Pffft..... he didnā€™t understand why the other so call doctor didnā€™t send me for another X-ray to make sure itā€™s not anything else. He knows Iā€™m not a fan of meds or puffers but suggested a diffuser. Ohhhhhh yeah got a out of the box doctor whooohooo... i know itā€™s non life threatening. But always having mucus stuck in there gets annoying. We all need mucus as it moistens and cleanses the nasal passages, traps foreign particles, stops them from filtering into the respiratory system, fights infection and humidifies the air. Ahhh you didnā€™t know that eh? And most times we are not even aware that we swallow mucus. Ewwww... But it has a good side. Iā€™m telling you my snotty issue so you can use a diffuser before allergies starts hitting us especially at the end of winter or summer n clear your own mucus. Great oil mixture below are listed and great for your dogs when they have trouble breathing or shortness of breath. Hereā€™s what you need to know...

The following essential oils can be used to help expel mucus from the respiratory tract:

Cedarwood ā€” Also has good antiseptic, astringent, and sedative properties.

Sandalwood ā€” This is a natural expectorant that is particularly beneficial in soothing both the mind and body during illness as it is both an antidepressant and an aphrodisiac.

Thyme ā€” This is a wonderful healing essential oil for respiratory infections as it helps to eliminate mucus, destroy pathogens, calm coughs, and relax the body.

Frankincense ā€” This essential oil has expectorant properties but it is also an anti-inflammatory, an antiseptic, and it helps to promote cellular regeneration.

Hyssop ā€” Hyssop essential oil is ideal for chest congestion and bronchitis as it stimulates the respiratory system while also encouraging the release of mucus. It is also an antiseptic. This oil should not be used if you have epilepsy or any type of seizure disorder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eucalyptus ā€” Ideal in cases of nasal congestion, eucalyptus is a natural expectorant, a decongestant, an antiseptic, and an antiviral essential oil. It also helps to reduce fevers.

All of these essential oils are safe for general use except for hyssop. If pregnant, nursing, if you have a serious medical condition, or if you are taking medication talk to your doctor before using aromatherapy.

Btw...you can also gargle with 2teaspoon of acv or add warm water to it n drink it. Breaks up mucus. Why another good reason I add acv to the pupā€™s water. Turmeric is also great with ginger. Your dogā€™s breathing will be much better n so will your breathing.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Dog/Cat)
Irritated skin, dry flaky skin, damaged skin ā€“ supports healthy skin cells/regeneration

1 cup solid VIRGIN organic cold pressed coconut oil (warm just enough to soften)
8 drops Frankincense
8 drops Lavender
4 drops Geranium
2 drops Helichrysum

Blend altogether and store in container. Apply small amount to problem area 2-3X a day

i can see no reason to not use on human as well ????

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
i can see no reason to not use on human as well ????

Of course that recipe works on humans! Wasnā€™t it you, you went fishing with family n you used that mix on them for bug bites? the links above are also for spraying around the house for bugs n all.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Of course that recipe works on humans! Wasnā€™t it you, you went fishing with family n you used that mix on them for bug bites? the links above are also for spraying around the house for bugs n all.

Yes indeed it was (but the bug one) :) and i make for friends as well :) and they now make for friends ;) . But this ones for skin issues?? Sooooooo, just checkin cause ya said (dog/cat)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes indeed it was (but the bug one) :) and i make for friends as well :) and they now make for friends ;) . But this ones for skin issues?? Sooooooo, just checkin cause ya said (dog/cat)

Iā€™m confused. The post you reply that has coconut oil or theses 3links? The 3links is the around the house or garden. Cats are more finicky so have to be careful.

NOW READ 3rd link especially if you have a cat!!! Cats Donā€™t tolerate oils like dogs do!!!!

9 Clever Ways To Use Essential Oils In The Garden

5 Best Essential Oils To Repel Common Bugs, Insects & Pests

https://thefrugalchicken.com/9-essen...repel-insects/

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Dog/Cat)

8 drops Frankincense
8 drops Lavender
4 drops Geranium
2 drops Helichrysum

This one :) for dry flakey skin,, damaged skin. My hands are horrid right now and this looks good for that.. yeah?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
This one :) for dry flakey skin,, damaged skin. My hands are horrid right now and this looks good for that.. yeah?

We Italians have this ancient recipe that nurish skin... simply EVOO. Warm it up, dip your nails ( fingertips) in it and wait 5 mins then while your fingers n nails are soaked with EVOO, massage yours hands while youā€™re at it. Btw, after a few soakings, your nails will be as hard as rock n soft hands. Great for hair as it helps thicken them. Ahhhhh bet you didnā€™t know that eh?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
We Italians have this ancient recipe that nurish skin... simply EVOO. Warm it up, dip your nails ( fingertips) in it and wait 5 mins then while your fingers n nails are soaked with EVOO, massage yours hands while youā€™re at it. Btw, after a few soakings, your nails will be as hard as rock n soft hands. Great for hair as it helps thicken them. Ahhhhh bet you didnā€™t know that eh?

hey,,, thank you!! though my nails are hard as rocks already :) my hands are too :O lol soooooooo, This is one i will defiantly do as well. awwwwwwwww, a nice foot soak may be in order ;) bath??? lol yea! now that may become a bit costly ') Thanks :) My daughters going to LOVE this too :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
A lot of people wonā€™t believe in oils which I understand 200%. What people donā€™t see is that a lot of medicine thatā€™s out there also is made with either EO, plant base, roots etc of plants n herbs. Itā€™s in your lotions, shampoos, joint oils etc etc etc... most oils are for diffusing or rubbing. When it come to ā€œingestā€ that will be another way to use as NOT all oils can be ingested. You must do your homework and read from reputable links or ask a real naturopath or ask someone thatā€™s been doing it for decades n still standing :). People should not be scare using oils as it really does help to heal. More n more research n studies has proven to this day some oils truly works. Of course you DONā€™T stop any of your meds n just take oils. That you talk to your Doctor! But there are sure a lot of alternatives in oils. Example my mom is 84 years young. She takes no meds, has all her head, drives, eyesight great and all. She lives in a beautiful residential apartment which she has a high rise corner side apartment which means full of windows. She washes all of them windows on her own, cooks n cleans. Sheā€™s very healthy and fortunate to be healthy. Why n how? Cause she always ate healthy with lots of fresh veggies, good fats n moves all the time. Sometimes she gets made cause her body wonā€™t move as fast as her brain wants. I tell her...Ma your body is 84 itā€™s normal. Nope she doesnā€™t care n says...ā€itā€™s not rightā€ only thing she uses is an oil mixture I send her for her knees/joints. She says works better than meds a Doctor gave her. So yes, before grabbing the Tylenol think of oil which will do the same job.

Hereā€™s a little history on Essential Oils... enjoy!

https://www.collective-evolution.co...ses-science-behind-the-use-of-essential-oils/

The History of Essential Oils: The 7 Ancient Societies Who Fearlessly Discovered Their Secrets | BUB SOCIETY

Very informative

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.