helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ive researched the recipe and you can use it not just for ear infection. Ive used it in Nyala's 2 rashes she developed on the chest and next day they were mostly all gone. Great stuff for sure! This could be use for humans too. All essential oils!

From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] /Sarah

It's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his system.His chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for this info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for being here and sharing this info--- great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pleasure lovely lady. I know some dont believe in oils, its not always the miracle solution. Nor are real meds? God forbid a vet tells me my little Nyala has cancer, I can guarantee that I'll be using frankincense on her. Way too many proven studies it works to a "T". But that's me. I got the natural way first.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Another oil you HAVE TO BE CAREFUL is Tea tree oil... Use wisely or just dont. Ive notice a few members in here using tea tree. Great stuff but extremely powerful. It's just an oil you need to know "how to" use it. If you're not sure "how to" stick to lavender, coconut oil, cloves etc.

What You Should Know About Tea Tree Oil Toxicity in Dogs and Cats

Frances Muro

Nov 2, 2015
California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I never thought about using oils for my dog, but this was very informative! Now I need to read more about oils for dogs and maybe try it out!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I never thought about using oils for my dog, but this was very informative! Now I need to read more about oils for dogs and maybe try it out!

If you go on the links I posted it will help you understand and judge for yourself. I use oils especially for maintenance. If it's life or death of course I'll be the first at the vet then judge for myself. I've been doing this for a while so might be a bit easier in my case. But to be honest with you, I am still learning on new oils and still researching. I love to learn anything that is out of the ordinary. But that's me...the odd ball lol. Happy reading and post questions to anyone in here (or myself) as I know they will help you out. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.