Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Essential Oils

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    From @Saalwi /Sarah

It's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his system.His chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
    15 drops Geranium
    15 drops Frankincense
    15 drops Basil
    10 drops Arborvitae

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.
    Would Neem oil work as a carrier oil here?

2. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Would Neem oil work as a carrier oil here?
    IMO, Yes n No... don’t you like people saying yes n no lolllll

basically I would use Neem with another carrier oil like coconut, jojoba, grape seed oil, almond etc. Neem has a strong smell as you probably know. Yes Neem will sap bug’s brains for sure. Made and used more for anti-aging oil. I would try like 1/2 Neem and 1/2 of another carrier oil n see how it goes...

4. Likes RiiSi liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Sanitizers is a no no. But... I will admit I do carry one when I go grocery shopping. Them carts....ewwwww

Great article.....

What’s one thing that almost every American carries around – a little bottle of hand sanitizer. If you think that hand sanitizers protect you against germs, you are mistaken. Not only do alcohol based sanitizers last only a few minutes (they must be reapplied over and over again for them to be somewhat effective ) but they are also loaded with toxic chemicals. So, basically for most sanitizers to work you have to soak your hands in it constantly, however, then you risk a ton of health problems associated with all the toxic ingredients in it. One of the most toxic ingredients used in making hand sanitizers is triclosan. Triclosan is usually found in sanitizers, soaps, dish washing detergents, shaving gels, toothpastes, etc. Triclosan has been linked to serious health effects, including hormone disruptions, and cancer. One of the most disturbing things is that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that triclosan is present in the urine of at least 75 percent of Americans. No wonder, we are sick as a nation. We are constantly bathing ourselves in these toxic chemicals.

Hand sanitizer causes the skin to absorb 100 times more of the hormone-disrupting chemical bisphenol A (BPA), according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of Missouri and published in the journal PLOS ONE.

Fortunately, there are many natural alternatives to these chemicals (such as essential oils) that are very effective as antiseptic cleansers. Essential oils contain organisms that are very effective at fighting bacteria. These oils act as anti-fungal and natural antibiotics.

Yes make your own vet easy n healthier too.

The Most Effective Homemade Hand Sanitizer

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
    10 Drops of Tea Tree Oil
    10 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
    8 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
    Instructions:

1. Mix all ingredients together
    2. Pour into a spray bottle or a pump type bottle
    3. Shake before applying

6. Likes Hankster liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Pooh Bear, Hereís another thread of interest. Bedtime reading

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Fake OR Not is the question. Hereís a website that might clarify some of your questions.

https://www.edensgarden.com/blogs/ne...al-oil-is-fake

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Neem oil is not really an essential oil but itís such a huge health benefit. Fantastic to keep bugs away to all the way clearing acne. Humans n pets.

I will be trying something this summer replacing citronella in my flea/tick/mosquito mix with Neem. Also spray the grass for bugs. Neem is not toxic!! So waiting for summer. One day!

https://dogtime.com/dog-health/dog-a...-neem-oil-dogs

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels Are u putting thieves oil under your nose during this Covid pandemic? I forgot all about mine, but am going to start using it when I go out.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    @helsonwheels Are u putting thieves oil under your nose during this Covid pandemic? I forgot all about mine, but am going to start using it when I go out.
    No... only things I use is Oil of Oregano under the tongue 30ish seconds, Vit C, D. That’s it. I did make my own sanitizer with a fresh aloe Vera single piece branch. They sell them at the supermarket. I peeled it, opened it up, and put it in the food processor. Added, witch hazel, 70% rubbing alcohol, tea tree, thieves n lavender.

I’m not going to freak out with the Covid-19. I’m extremely careful, staying home n walk the dogs. I do wear my gloves going into any store n dispose them before I get into my vehicle as I know my truck is sanitized. I do keep my 10’ distance. So hopefully this virus disappears as fast as it came in.

15. Likes Dollys Owner, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Making you own Thieves Oil...
    itís great to disinfect, but honestly I also use it for sort muscle or pain. Works great!

@RiiSi

https://realfarmacy.com/make-thieves...5qx1kCopDbBxYc

Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Making you own Thieves Oil...
    it’s great to disinfect, but honestly I also use it for sort muscle or pain. Works great!

@RiiSi

https://realfarmacy.com/make-thieves...5qx1kCopDbBxYc
    It's probably not the Thieve's Oil that protected the thieves during the black plague, it's probably that crazy bird mask they wore that they stuffed the thieves oil soaked rags into, plus the long coat that they wore as a protective isolation gown. LOL
    -mask-jpg

18. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    It's probably not the Thieve's Oil that protected the thieves during the black plague, it's probably that crazy bird mask they wore that they stuffed the thieves oil soaked rags into, plus the long coat that they wore as a protective isolation gown. LOL
    -mask-jpg
    There’s a place in BC near the hot springs after revelstoke town that’s make thieves oil n cream and their logo is the one you attached.

20. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Another great study on frankincense. As most knows I’m a diehard on frankincense... why, I add this as maintenance in one mixture for the pups arthritis/inflammation etc. Good for humans too!!!

https://phys.org/news/2020-05-immune...lammatory.html

22. Likes Hankster liked this post
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Remove Ads