TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He was happy thank you, needless to say the sausages are no longer linked and there is only one remaining sausage ��

Yikes, did you throw the others away?? Don't want him swallowing those!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Yes they are gone he's quite good though he doesn't really swallow much he just chomps it up and spits it out. I usually manage to pick it all up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks again to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers they seem to be working as George is very nearly back to normal spending a lot more time out of his crate when we are home now. He still defaults to his crate (which he never did) when he feels a bit off but that is probably a good thing and he seems to have learned that when he needs time out that's where he gets it and I've been hoping he would do that all along so maybe every cloud has a silver lining ��View attachment 98616

View attachment 98616

he is looking good! I actually love that he goes to his crate for downtime.... my first two did this and we called it 'safe zone'. Whenever they placed themselves in the crate we did not touch or bother them.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
11 days in.... he should be in good shape and recovered. It is possible there is some numbing if a nerve was damaged or cut during the procedure.
When lambeau had his done... within two weeks he was right back to his normal self.

I'm going to tag Henny and Cheryl for there insight on how their babies recovered too

It's possible he has some phantom feelings. This is common in amputee patients and could be spurring his activity. Give him time like BullyMama shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
It's possible he has some phantom feelings. This is common in amputee patients and could be spurring his activity. Give him time like BullyMama shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you he has come back to life again now thankfully.
I wasn't ruling out phantom pain or feelings he might be having, and I did mention it to the vet and he explained how they test for nerve pain and assured me that animals don't suffer from it, he gave quite a detailed explination so I'm fairly convinced he wasn't fobbing me off, but then they are animals so we will probably never really know for sure.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad George is doing so much better. Love and Kisses to this Sweet Heart.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Great news. He looks pretty happy in the pics.

Thank you he seems a lot happier this last week. He's a grump at the best of times but that's his nature but he is well over his depression thankfully 😀

- - - Updated - - -

So Glad George is doing so much better. Love and Kisses to this Sweet Heart.
Thank you so much all going good now.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thank you he seems a lot happier this last week. He's a grump at the best of times but that's his nature but he is well over his depression thankfully 😀
Great to hear. My Bentley is 1.5 weeks post-op and has the depression because his activities are limited.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Great to hear. My Bentley is 1.5 weeks post-op and has the depression because his activities are limited.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah that was about when it kicked in here too, but at least you have a good idea that it's just temporary and he will come around and be himself again. As I've said here before I think they are smarter than we are and they look after themselves and don't over excert until they are fully better.
Lots of love for Mr. bentleys recovery xx

Bent9

Aug 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bent
Evilo,

Love the name "George Bentley" for your Bully. Mine is named Bent, lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.