Now It's Bentley's Turn--Crap!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Bentley now has a limp in his right hind leg. We took him to the vet yesterday and we were Rx'd with a non-steroidal pain killer/anti-inflammatory. This is the same thing or similarity that Jewel went through almost 2 years ago.

We already have an appointment next week with the Ortho doc we had for Jewel when she had her ACL repaired and will be asking him for an evaluation of Bentley's leg as well. Initially the appointment was for his soft palate to be shortened. So now it is Bentley's turn for a possible TPLO surgery. I hope it is not an ACL tear. Bentley will not be still as he is always in perpetual play mode (aka Ball Junkie).

So more to follow next week after his appointment in Annapolis.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO… well I'm praying for the best. Hopefully it's just a sprain… keep us posted!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor Bentley, hoping those meds take care of any pain he's having
and praying for him that he does not need any surgeries!

Sending xoxoxo to all of you and please let us know any updates on
Jewel & Bentley.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH ..... I so hope he just pulled something and it is not a tear needing surgery .... :pray: sending positive vibes and prayers

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Sorry to hear of bentley's woes. I hope is is just a sprain and nothing more serious Sending hugs and kisses to Bentley Boy.:blowkiss::assurred:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hopefully it's just a sprain since he's a "play mode ball junkie" Positive vibes coming your way....... :yes:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Good luck to Bentley! I'm going through this with Chum right now. He did something about 5 weeks ago where he couldn't put any weight on his right rear leg. He was put under anesthesia(which I dread!) and nothing was broken. He was given a shot and on anti inflammatories for 2 weeks. He's much better...able to walk on it now but still favors it and limps at times. They did find severe hip dysplasia but I don't think that's the cause of the limp.
Good luck to you! Hopefully it's just a strain or muscle pull!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Good luck to Bentley! I'm going through this with Chum right now. He did something about 5 weeks ago where he couldn't put any weight on his right rear leg. He was put under anesthesia(which I dread!) and nothing was broken. He was given a shot and on anti inflammatories for 2 weeks. He's much better...able to walk on it now but still favors it and limps at times. They did find severe hip dysplasia but I don't think that's the cause of the limp.
Good luck to you! Hopefully it's just a strain or muscle pull!

Did the vet do a Drawer-sign test while under?

We went through the exact protocol with Jewel and it turned out to be her ACL which was surgically repaired. I know what you are going through and we hope Chum is better soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.