Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desperate for help!! 4 mo old EB with severe hypoplastic trachea

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Desperate for help!! 4 mo old EB with severe hypoplastic trachea

Yep I do that too! I have eucalyptus essential oil and I put that in there and it helps too! Thank you for that info as well! A few weeks back when we first got the Gentocin for the nebulizer, his first treatment he had green yuckies coming out of his nose.. I was so excited LOL I was like, yeah he's getting it out!! I know, I'm crazy getting excited about that, but when our babies are sick, we do get excited about the silliest little things! Last week or about a week and 1/2 ago when he was feeling better before going backwards this last week.. I got excited that he was being a puppy... took him for a short walk around the pool and the silly little wrinkle butt found a mud puddle in the grass and decided to play in it! I could't help but sit there and laugh because he was getting to be a puppy and if all it was, was mud and having to give him a bath, then I thought we were in good shape! You'll see attached pic of his lovely mud bath! Now praying that he can/will continue to improve and get to play in the mud again! He deserves to be able to be a puppy, that's all he's ever asked for in this life, that and be loved and cared for, and he has that, now it's his turn to be a puppy!

-20160425_092045-jpg

2. Likes 2BullyMama, 1Chumly, mybrindlegirl liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Adorable mud face!! Keep doing the oils since you have proof it works!

4. Likes Whoababy23 liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We have been fighting pneomonia in frith since february 7th. she has a pencil not a drinking straw,and has ME. It is an emotional fight. Constant care and prayers. Look you bulldog in the eye everyday to see if they have given up yet...ask them. She hasnt given up, so neither have we.
    Fritthy

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoababy23 View Post
    -20160425_092045-jpg
    My goodness he is freakin adorable.... I'd be setting mud puddles up for him. ❤️❤️
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Whoababy23 liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mabel has a very narrow trachea also. I believe that explains so many of her problems. I pray his trachea will grow some as he does. Because it is made up of cartilage, there is little they can do, except for everything you are doing now. You are amazing. He is so lucky that you are his human!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Whoababy23 liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm SO sorry to read this… I don't have any experience w/the trachea issues. I did have a special needs pup that we cared for, so I know how much you want the BEST for these little guys. I hope that he improves w/time, but in the meantime just LOVE him… that is all that ANY dog wants in this world.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

11. Likes Whoababy23 liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yep I do that too! I have eucalyptus essential oil and I put that in there and it helps too! Thank you for that info as well! A few weeks back when we first got the Gentocin for the nebulizer, his first treatment he had green yuckies coming out of his nose.. I was so excited LOL I was like, yeah he's getting it out!! I know, I'm crazy getting excited about that, but when our babies are sick, we do get excited about the silliest little things! Last week or about a week and 1/2 ago when he was feeling better before going backwards this last week.. I got excited that he was being a puppy... took him for a short walk around the pool and the silly little wrinkle butt found a mud puddle in the grass and decided to play in it! I could't help but sit there and laugh because he was getting to be a puppy and if all it was, was mud and having to give him a bath, then I thought we were in good shape! You'll see attached pic of his lovely mud bath! Now praying that he can/will continue to improve and get to play in the mud again! He deserves to be able to be a puppy, that's all he's ever asked for in this life, that and be loved and cared for, and he has that, now it's his turn to be a puppy!

-20160425_092045-jpg
    I see you are not too far from Houston, not sure of the distance, but many members in the Houston area use Brittmore vet for their bulldogs and swear by them. Might be worth a try.

How is Bentley doing?
    e.

13. Likes Whoababy23 liked this post
    Real Name
    Anna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frith
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I hope it's all still going well. Additional ideas.. Try running the shower to get the bathroom really steamy, and then put him in without the shower running. The other thing few people are aware of is that Catholic priests bless animals, they do this in honor of St. Francis of Asisi. I watched a priest walk up to a hostile, lunging, barking, muzzeled German Shepard, and the dog staggered on his feet, shook his head, and was calm. The priest removed the muzzle, and let the dog lick him. All agression, all hostility gone. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.
    Fritthy

15. Likes Whoababy23, 2BullyMama, 1Chumly liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We are sending you prayers and positive vibes that Bentley will thrive and beat his challenges. --rj

17. Likes Whoababy23 liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Good Morning! Thank ya'll for the ideas and support and prayers! Bentley is doing alittle better with the pneumonia! Last night and this morning he has been wanting to try and play! So I take that time and sit on the floor with him, for hrs if need be, for him to play and be a puppy and forget that he's sick. I don't leave his side, so if he's up, I'm right there with him, if he's asleep, he's usually next to me, or at my feet asleep in his bed under my desk...

The steamy bathroom we tried once, but since he can't get hot and it made him too hot and panting way more than he was, we have opted for the humidifier instead, with essential oils... has helped him alot! Oh I do believe in God working through our animals! So I can believe that with the priest! I also believe in the power of prayer, so that's why I so deeply appreciate ya'lls thoughts and prayers for him, they do help!

I will have to look up Brittmore vet to see how far away it is from me.

I'm praying that he continues to get better, over his pneumonia and then we can see how his trachea is again, if it's any better, maybe alittle better than it was with a growth spurt.. I can hope!

Like I said.. Bentley makes 7 dogs in the house... We (between me and my son) have 2 chihuahuas, 2 pit bull mixes (rescues), a chiweenie (rescue), a yorkie and Bentley the bulldog..

This is Bentley trying to play this morning with my yorkie... soo precious! Praying he has more good days like this!

No word back from his breeder yet... They have most of his records, and I've updated them on his current condition, but haven't heard a reply back from them yet...

-bently2-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bently2-jpg  

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good Morning! Thank ya'll for the ideas and support and prayers! Bentley is doing alittle better with the pneumonia! Last night and this morning he has been wanting to try and play! So I take that time and sit on the floor with him, for hrs if need be, for him to play and be a puppy and forget that he's sick. I don't leave his side, so if he's up, I'm right there with him, if he's asleep, he's usually next to me, or at my feet asleep in his bed under my desk...

The steamy bathroom we tried once, but since he can't get hot and it made him too hot and panting way more than he was, we have opted for the humidifier instead, with essential oils... has helped him alot! Oh I do believe in God working through our animals! So I can believe that with the priest! I also believe in the power of prayer, so that's why I so deeply appreciate ya'lls thoughts and prayers for him, they do help!

I will have to look up Brittmore vet to see how far away it is from me.

I'm praying that he continues to get better, over his pneumonia and then we can see how his trachea is again, if it's any better, maybe alittle better than it was with a growth spurt.. I can hope!

Like I said.. Bentley makes 7 dogs in the house... We (between me and my son) have 2 chihuahuas, 2 pit bull mixes (rescues), a chiweenie (rescue), a yorkie and Bentley the bulldog..

This is Bentley trying to play this morning with my yorkie... soo precious! Praying he has more good days like this!

No word back from his breeder yet... They have most of his records, and I've updated them on his current condition, but haven't heard a reply back from them yet...

-bently2-jpg
    The look on Bentley's face (his eyes) is too funny.... almost like, are you kidding me kid! here is a link to the vet I meant, (spelled it wrong)
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...21421273,d.dmo
    e.

20. Likes Whoababy23 liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

He's a character! Little wrinkle butt (my nickname for him) was playing and did his lunging playing and his teeny tiny baby teeth nipped me on the chin! LOL He does make the funniest little faces, and boy if you could read the "thought bubbles" above his head, I think we'd get the biggest laughs out of them! It's funny watching them 2 play.. He's 22 lbs and she's 3.8 lbs, and generally she's the one who's "the boss"! She likes to get him on his back and nibble his arm pits! He can't get her then! LOL Then when he wants to bug her, he just leans against her and then she has to wiggle her way out from under him... It's precious!

Thank you, will look that vet up.. Bentley is resting again, after his playing, so I'm letting him get some good rest, he needs it! Little wrinkle butt!

22. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads