Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello I am an on again off again member for a live a fairly busy life but when I was thinking about getting an EBD I called a few local vets to ask about the medical problems associated with EBDs. Well one vet told me if you want to get an ebd I would suggest obtaining health insurance and my reply was yeah but do they really pay off and her reply was YES ! She went on to say if you decide to get a bulldog. bring him in and you will have a 48 hour window to get his health check. Well I purchased Buddy from a breeder in Missouri back 4 years ago and after leaving that vets office she handed me a free promo month of health insurance with a company called Trupanion. After getting home I went on line to see the costs involved and they had a sliding scale as far as a co pay. Naturally I choose to pay the full amount ( 90 % coverage on all accidents and illnesses w/ no payout limit) Since that time this company has paid out over 8 k for Buddy's medical needs, including a P/U surgery so he could pass stones. Also I have had his palet done along with his nares. They have a 10 percent annual increase cap so each year it can or may not increase. Right now I am paying $115.00 monthly and I am debating on upping my co pay so as to lower my monthly premium. I know there can be times where there can be hip issues ect but supposedly his Daddy lived until he was 10 years of age ( according to the breeder) I would like to ask from you experienced Bulldog owners any of the most common medical problems I might anticipate in the future with a 4 year old male EBD and I would like to make a decision on to either pay less or possibly cancel all together. Thank you.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My Tyson is 10 now and his insurance has covered mostly all of his arthritis - meds, X-rays, etc.
If you have a side account set up for emergency or bigger events then maybe but if not I would keep it. We had insurance for years on him, and didn't use it once until he turned 8. Then all hell broke loose (after he ate 3 socks)
We have VPI through Nationwide, paying $68 a month. With $250 ded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My Tyson is 10 now and his insurance has covered mostly all of his arthritis - meds, X-rays, etc.
If you have a side account set up for emergency or bigger events then maybe but if not I would keep it. We had insurance for years on him, and didn't use it once until he turned 8. Then all hell broke loose (after he ate 3 socks)
We have VPI through Nationwide, paying $68 a month. With $250 ded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cheap cause when I looked into it 4 months ago was $115 a month ded 300. I might as well have an account for her. Why one reason im keeping her on home cooking, salmon, coconut oils, walk 3-5 km depending on temp can be shortened, wipe her down daily, clean ears tail pocket daily. I think im getting paranoid lolllll.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had a horrible experience w/Trupanion… that is why I decided to just keep an emergency savings account for my dogs. TOO many loopholes in their policies, and I was supposedly pre-approved for a surgery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online