Help Needed! English Bulldog Peeing Problem

knhamilton

May 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
My bully is a 7 year old female who has only had one UTI in her life (about 2 years ago). We recently moved to another city and as soon as we moved she started showing UTI symptoms again. I took her to the vet where they prescribed me a 2 week round of antibiotics. At the end of the meds, I noticed she was still showing symptoms. I took her back to the vet and they prescribed a stronger antibiotic for two more weeks. When that round ended she was still showing signs and I ended up taking her to a different vet that my friend recommended. The vet took a sample of her urine and sent it off to be cultured. During this waiting week, she acted normal and was not peeing on the floor. Results came back this last Friday from the culture that there were no bacteria that grew?!

We went out of town this weekend and had my sister come stay with her at our house. She has started peeing on the floor again and peed on her bed like she did when she was younger. Has anyone experienced this or have suggestions?!

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I have not had this in a dog, but our Six year old cat didthe same when we moved. our vet said it was stress related.

OP
K

knhamilton

May 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
I'm thinking it may be stress related?? We have been in the house for a month and a half. I guess I'm just wondering if I need to take her back to the vet or not. We've already spend $600 on her mystery UTI :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sounds like stress, my Cami did the same when I went thru a series of moves.
Each move she would start peeing on my bed altho not in the house, thankfully.
I believe it is a form of marking new territory and you need to go back to basics
of potty training. Do not shame them or yell or punish, do disagree (calmly) with
the issue. I would sternly tell Cami...No Pee...then put her off the bed until she
stopped doing it. Take to door you wish her to use and use your phrase for outdoor
potty, once she finishes give 'over the top' praise each time with a special, yummy
treat for just that act, no other time.

Give her probiotics to replace 'good bacteria' killed by antibiotics & restore gut health.

Good luck and welcome to EBN, can we see Jade's pics? My girl is 8 this month ;)

OP
K

knhamilton

May 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
Thanks!!

I will have to try that. She knows she did something wrong because she hides when I come home :(. I have been giving her a little bit of greek yogurt in the AM with her food because she did have diarehea with the more powerful antibiotic.

Just uploaded Jade for my picture:)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sounds like stress maybe the moving has upset her and then you going away has upset her again

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.